Why become a member? ×

Stage gear

Nicko

Watching this with interest as I'm putting a 3 piece side band together and I don't want to dress up like we do in the Troubadours but I don't really want to look like a punter who's got up and slung a bass round his neck.

Les

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1509632472' post='3400465']
Other band's T shirts ?? Never , never , never. Regularly I change out of one into something else to play. The punters wear band T shirts - the moment you step on a stage you're an artist , not a punter.
[/quote]
Oh I don't know. It didn't do this Geordie chap any harm :)

Very early on in my bass playing career, I played at a charity do with a variety of acts on the bill. Headliners walked in, decked out top to toe like rock gods - leather trousers, silver chains, skulls, eye liner all that shizz. Everyone in the pub instantly knew they were 'The Band'. I thought to myself then and there that whenever I played a gig I would want everyone in the room to know I was in the band from the moment I walked in. Went out the very next day and bought a pair of leather trousers (I really did!)

I try to wear something that will fit the music, so for rock and blues it's going to be lots of black with silver jewellery, skulls, maybe feathers etc. For Country I have a variety of check shirts and a cowboy hat. For 1960's stuff it's a black PVC mini dress and black and white winkle picker boots. I am a triumph of style over substance! :-)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1509888051' post='3402317']
Me too!

[/quote]
I figured ChrisB & Les could get together for this one (see Les' post at the top of this page).

For 90/00's indie, all you have to do is wear clothes that don't go together & lose the dress sense. ;)