Why become a member? ×

Spondoolies.

DJpullchord

Pub gig... 200 to 250 round here. We're a three piece so a tenner+ into each of two cars , 30 quid to our mate who roadies for us , free beers are thin on the ground these days so I might come home 50 quid or so better off than when I set out. I had a good night out with my like minded besties and there's bugger all on telly.

So - is it worth it ?? I think that's a decision best left to the individual.

Weddings ..... not for me because I'd have to play more MOR stuff than I want and also have to censor myself to the point of not being me anymore but the money's better. There are some bloody good bands on the wedding circuit but not my style , musically. Having said that I have thought about joining one to bolster my (soon to be) pension so never say never etc. I don't particularly enjoy evicting drug dealers but it's kept me afloat for 26 years , I would imagine playing in a wedding band could do the same for the next 26 with a slightly less chance of being stabbed.

I used to run a 6 pc function band about 16 years ago. We used to earn really good money £800 - £1500 a night. These days ( having had a decade off) I don't do functions but I've been surprised how little money is on offer all round even for a good band.