Why become a member? ×

better soft case alternative for pedaltrain metro 20

lee650

Hi Everyone

I currently have a Pedaltrain Metro 20, now I'm very unimpressed with the quality of the soft case that came with it (kicking myself for not buying the hardcase version). As the number of pedals I have on the board has grown and has a large number of expensive pedals, I'm concerned the soft case won't give enough protection. I much prefer the portability of a soft case, so has anyone used an alternative soft case with a lot more padding/waterproof. Ive been looking at the rockbag pedal bags and they look ideal, has anyone used one?

cheers :)

I'm glad that you posted this. The softcase for my Pedaltrain Junior is on its last legs after many years and a lot of gigs. I wonder if anyone knows where I can get a replacement, preferably something that is pretty robust and doesn't cost a fortune??

Edited by peteb

I actually have a gear 4 music keyboard bag,that i keep my amp in. Im not at home at the moment,but it's much better quality and well padded,so ill try it when I get home. I think it'll be slightly too big for mine,for a junior it may work. It's on gear 4 music's website for £25 check out the dimensions. I think it's very short sighted of Pedaltrain,not to offer hard/soft cases as an alternate! Otherwise I'd purchase the hardcase. There is a company called castle that do flight cases to fit metros, but i don't want something that heavy duty.

Edited by lee650

Check out the Gator mixer bags. The fit won’t be exact but you’ll probably find one which is the correct length, with a few inches of extra width in which you can store cables etc.

Worth an investigation. They’re really well made and a fraction of the price of the Monos, albeit not designed for specific Pedaltrain models!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update!! The keyboard bag I had my amp in fits the Metro 20 perfectly! With a little extra room to put the massive Cioks dc5 plug and my microphone :)

my Gallien Kruger head fits perfectly in the Metro 20 soft case 

HOWEVER!!

I've just discovered Pedaltrain have sorted themselves out and now sell an upgraded premium gigbag for most of their boards!! expensive but look perfect

https://buypedaltrain.com/collections/cases/products/pt-m20-psc-x