Why become a member? ×

1952 Precision

Guest MoJo

https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwindow=1&hl=en-GB&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=AYb6WefOF8HUwALAoL3wBQ&q=fender+precision+sparkle+62&oq=fender+precision+sparkle+62&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.3...156326.175853.0.177841.21.19.2.0.0.0.365.3873.0j9j6j3.18.0....0...1.1.64.mobile-gws-img..1.13.2948...0j35i39k1j0i8i30k1j0i30k1j30i10k1.123.NB0RVdfZPmQ#imgdii=4njJH6-WKmivmM:&imgrc=LO7k6Gc6_LBSjM:

Is this colour the same?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1509619710' post='3400296']
If I lived local, I'd be going to have a look at that.*
*Not that it's possible anymore, thanks to eBay's insane new contact rules.
[/quote]

I did not know that. How are you supposed to do cash on collection? It's collection-only.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1509619811' post='3400299']
I did not know that. How are you supposed to do cash on collection? It's collection-only.
[/quote]

Once you've won, you can exchange contact details.

But... say you're thinking of bidding a few grand on a 1963 Jazz. Quite sensibly, you'd probably want to visit the seller to take a look at it first.

You can't do that any more. It's crazy.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1509619811' post='3400299']
[/quote]there must be a way round it, can't you just message them via ebay on the pretext of asking a question, and arrange it? I can see why ebay don't want you to do it, people do the deal and the seller just withdraws the item and avoids selling fees, not that I would do anything like that :)

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1509620582' post='3400319']
there must be a way round it, can't you just message them via ebay on the pretext of asking a question, and arrange it? I can see why ebay don't want you to do it, people do the deal and the seller just withdraws the item and avoids selling fees, not that I would do anything like that :)
[/quote]

There's a pretty solid filter in place that detects any attempt to exchange contact details. I was up against it recently, and in the end I had to upload an image with 'Please call me on xxxxxxxxx'.

Apparently image recognition is on the way, and if eBay catch you in the act, they'll come down hard.

IMO it all feels a bit desperate. They're losing the plot.

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1509620582' post='3400319']
there must be a way round it, can't you just message them via ebay on the pretext of asking a question, and arrange it? I can see why ebay don't want you to do it, people do the deal and the seller just withdraws the item and avoids selling fees, not that I would do anything like that :)
[/quote]
[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1509621384' post='3400327']
There's a pretty solid filter in place that detects any attempt to exchange contact details. I was up against it recently, and in the end I had to upload an image with 'Please call me on xxxxxxxxx'.

Apparently image recognition is on the way, and if eBay catch you in the act, they'll come down hard.

IMO it all feels a bit desperate. They're losing the plot.
[/quote]

My account is currently suspended after I tried to send my phone No to a seller who posted very little info about an item they were selling. No weight, hardwear info or info on the timbers on a custom bass - I was hoping to discuss the item before bidding - Ebay not understanding about this and read me the riot act.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1509636879' post='3400511']
My account is currently suspended after I tried to send my phone No to a seller who posted very little info about an item they were selling. No weight, hardwear info or info on the timbers on a custom bass - I was hoping to discuss the item before bidding - Ebay not understanding about this and read me the riot act.
[/quote]

This surprises me. eBay have given sellers a hard time for years, but usually find in favour of the buyer. If they're going to alienate everyone, they'll very quickly have no business. eBay used to have a community feel, but it would seem greed has got the better of them.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1509636879' post='3400511']
[/quote]I must be out of the loop, I was able to send my phone number when I tried