Why become a member? ×

Hello from a Converted Guitarist... Please Be Gentle!

iain_psb

Hi all,

Been a member for a while but have only just plucked up the courage to introduce myself... as a converted guitarist from Newcastle.

Played guitar in bands for around 18 years, but stood in as a bassist a fair few times.

Jacked in the band in February this year, deciding to give it a break and focus on work. Lasted 4 months and got a call to do a dep gig last minute with a Green Day tribute band.

Joined permanently straight away and here I am, trawling the forum every day for stuff I don’t need but really want, enjoying life as a bassist.

Pleasure to be here!

Iain

Welcome onboard. Why would we want to be anything other than gentle on you? You have clearly made the right choice and you won't regret it. I was about to say that bass players are more open minded but then I remembered 80% of them play fender or fender derived basses [[size=2][color=#ff0000]opps, duck, incoming[/color][/size]] :D You also live in Newcastle so you must be OK. :hi:

Edited by BassBus

Hello from South Wales, and welcome to BassChat. Of course we'll be gentle - we are the subtle members of the band :)
Good place, Newcastle - can't wait to get back up there again (it's been a while... too long)
Many of us are trawling the marketplace for stuff we don't really need - I'm not sure whether you did a similar thing when you were a guitarist?
Or do bass players get worse GAS? Answers on a postcard......

Join in the discussions on here as much as you can - enjoy

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1509717884' post='3401164']
I suspect there's quite a few converted guitarists on here, I'm one for a start, no evidence for this but we usually give the game away by playing with a pick, could be a poll in there somewhere
[/quote]

Of course playing with a pole is best done from a distance...

My gas was far worse as a guitarist! Somehow I managed to whittle 18 Guitars down to 5.

I only have 2 basses at the minute (likely to buy a third) and since June I’ve have 2 heads and 3 cabs, the third cab likely to be sold tomorrow morning.

But I still think it was worse as a guitarist!

Upcoming post about what cab to buy in the relevant section of the forum...

And an overdrive pedal...

And a third bass...

And this Pole Spondon and Paul speak of. Must get one of them...

• 2 weeks later...