Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Subject to the usual: Shuker Horn 5 String Burl Maple for Sale £1,050 delivered
£1200

Risk101

£1,200 inclusive of fully insured shipping within the UK£1,050 delivered fully insured

With considerable reluctance, this lovely Shuker bass is up for sale - I've just taken delivery of a new custom buckeye burl bass from Jon Shuker, and at the same time, a Warwick bass I have always wanted is up for sale here!!

So on the "one in one out" principle (being one of the joys of married life :gas: !) this one has to go - well probably unless I can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

If you're reading this you know all about Jon Shuker's amazing craftmanship and you can see this bass on his website near the bottom of this page: http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/bassstock.html

- 34" scale with 17.5mm string spacing (adjustable) at bridge
- Seymour Duncan pickups and EQ with pull/push for "slap" tone
- Schaller adjustable bridge and Gotoh tuners
- Beautiful 5A Burl Maple top over Alder body and stunning flame maple fingerboard
- weighs around 8 1/2 lb, so light for a 5 string
Shukerhard casemade by Hiscox.

Excellent condition, very well loved and looked after. The tone from the Seymour Duncans is outstanding

Drop me a PM if you would like more info/photos. Sale only

David

Shuker  Jun 17 (1).jpg

Shuker  Jun 17 (4).jpg

Shuker  Jun 17 (5).jpg

Shuker  Jun 17 (3).jpg

Edited by Risk101
Sold STP.
  • Like 1

Yes indeed - it is 17.35mm but the Schaller bridge is adjustable - I believe you could go a little bit wider or narrower according to preference - maybe from 16.5mm to 18.5mm. Hope that helps. Drop me a PM if you need any more info.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the strange position of having had a confirmed sale, and the buyer going awol with all attempts to contact having failed  :$  So the lovely Shuker is all boxed up and ready to go. It is yours for £1,050 delivered anywhere in the UK.

I won't be too upset to unbox it and keep it, because it is a lovely instrument and has been my main bass for a couple of years, but I now have a new Shuker  to my own specification so it seems wrong to keep 2  and TBH I could do with the funds.

PS - Bob, if you read this do please drop me a note to let me know you're ok. Cheers.

Shuker Horn.jpg

Shuker Boxed.jpg

Edited by Risk101

• Risk101 changed the title to Shuker Horn 5 String Burl Maple for Sale £1,050 delivered

Hiya. Is the Shuker HORN bass still for sale? I have a Shuker 5 from 1993 one of his first few builds and designed it in his then front room with John. Which is most likely his Series one bass. I see him regularly for upgrades and repairs as I live in Sheffield lucky me. It is so tempting as I do know the quality of his workmanship.

Cheers keith

On 12/19/2017 at 16:26, Risk101 said:

Cheers Bill - I'm really hoping it will go to a good home soon - Jon's work is outstanding, and I was so impressed with this one that I got him to do a bespoke bass for me based upon it. Thanks again. David

If i hadn't just received a new boutique looking 5-string i would be tempted, i grew up around a bass player that had 3 Shukers, and i'd watch him play these basses every week on gigs etc, so i know exactly how incredible they sound! again GLWTS.