Why become a member? ×

Your Dream Bass.?

bubinga5

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I've had far too many dreams! Takes a few go's before you realise a dream is not the same as reality. :rolleyes:

Anyone found their "perfect" bass...........and kept and used it for eternity yet? Edited by Dazed

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1509568379' post='3400021']

Yup. Specifically a refinished 64 P bass belonging to a friend. He's owned it since '68. Chances of it ever being mine are, let's say, slim...

[/quote]

That specific 64 or do you think any 64 would do it for you?

[quote name='Bridgehouse' timestamp='1509659673' post='3400730']
That specific 64 or do you think any 64 would do it for you?
[/quote]

Hard to say since it's the only one I've played Mark - they don't grow i trees round here I'm afraid to say! I was pretty impressed with the '66 I played in Rudy's on honeymoon in NYC so probably any decent one of that kind of era... Money is the only (rather large) barrier...

I think there's probably a difference between one's dream bass and one's perfect bass. I probably own my perfect bass/basses with my custom Maruszczyks, but I've always lusted after a Mk 1, Wal, fretless. However, given that I'm not great with heavy basses, this might not turn out to be what I've dreamt of, but I'd be happy to find out ;)

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1509706491' post='3401011']
I think there's probably a difference between one's dream bass and one's perfect bass. I probably own my perfect bass/basses with my custom Maruszczyks, but I've always lusted after a Mk 1, Wal, fretless. However, given that I'm not great with heavy basses, this might not turn out to be what I've dreamt of, but I'd be happy to find out ;)
[/quote]

Agreed! The Wal would surely be close to the top of my wish list but I'd have to wind the clock back at least a couple of decades to be able to gig it :(

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1509698629' post='3400894']

Hard to say since it's the only one I've played Mark - they don't grow i trees round here I'm afraid to say! I was pretty impressed with the '66 I played in Rudy's on honeymoon in NYC so probably any decent one of that kind of era... Money is the only (rather large) barrier...
[/quote]

Ain't that the truth!

I played a few pre-CBS before getting mine and there was def. variance between them. Mostly it was tonal tho - the necks broadly felt pretty similar.

You considered doing a parts build and having something which is pretty much a 64 spec? The two PJs I'm doing at the mo are exact copies of 64 necks - some well chosen parts and you'd get 80% of the way there...

[quote name='Bridgehouse' timestamp='1509801508' post='3401741']

Ain't that the truth!

I played a few pre-CBS before getting mine and there was def. variance between them. Mostly it was tonal tho - the necks broadly felt pretty similar.

You considered doing a parts build and having something which is pretty much a 64 spec? The two PJs I'm doing at the mo are exact copies of 64 necks - some well chosen parts and you'd get 80% of the way there...
[/quote]

I have, and contact has been made with your supplier!

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1509706491' post='3401011']
[/quote]
[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1509709336' post='3401058']

Agreed! The Wal would surely be close to the top of my wish list but I'd have to wind the clock back at least a couple of decades to be able to gig it :(
[/quote]

Paul’s making some great lower weight basses at the mo... just specify on ordering. He had a wonderful featherlight Mk3 at the SE Bass Bash last year... hint, hint... ;)

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1509867438' post='3402118']

Paul’s making some great lower weight basses at the mo... just specify on ordering. He had a wonderful featherlight Mk3 at the SE Bass Bash last year... hint, hint... ;)
[/quote]Get thee behind me (sticks fingers in ears and goes lah, lah, very loudly) :D