Why become a member? ×

Your Dream Bass.?

bubinga5

Natural Jazz,70s pick up spacing, black blocks and binding, Maple board. active/passive switching. East Preamp. High mass bridge and hip shot ultra light tuners.

Basically the looks of my modded Squire VM 70s, with top end electrics and hardware.

Just off to visit the Maruscyck configurator....

Edited by Cato

I`m pretty much there, US Fender Standard Precision 2015 (two of). Both have maple necks so ideally I`d like one of this range with a rosewood neck. Ummed and ahhed about a white one on evilbay last night and missed it, doh! Don`t need one, but would like one, can`t make up my mind whether white in keeping with the punk tradition, or sunburst a la Motown look.

One more for the road... :rolleyes: I once dreamt of owning an Alembic Signature 4. And then I got one. Ah well, that's dreams for you ~ be very careful what you wish for! :(

I have neither the time, £$£$ or motivation to carry on searching for the dream Bass... I have what I need and that's that. :thank_you:

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1509562778' post='3399956']
One more for the road... :rolleyes: I once dreamt of owning an Alembic Signature 4. And then I got one. Ah well, that's dreams for you ~ be very careful what you wish for! :(

I have neither the time, £$£$ or motivation to carry on searching for the dream Bass... I have what I need and that's that. :thank_you:
[/quote]
That sounds very sensible and wise.
Wish I was that way. Still no real harm done they are only instruments.

I'd love to get my hands on a really nice Alembic SC but I'm told that they weigh a ton which may mean that I'm lusting after something which I don't really want...done that a few times - 2x Wals, Ritter, 2x Warwicks...

Andy just built me a dream of a bass so I'll stick with that for now...

Oh BTW, Andrew hope you get better soon...

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1509564697' post='3399986']
I'd love to get my hands on a really nice Alembic SC but I'm told that they weigh a ton which may mean that I'm lusting after something which I don't really want...done that a few times - 2x Wals, Ritter, 2x Warwicks...

Andy just built me a dream of a bass so I'll stick with that for now...

Oh BTW, Andrew hope you get better soon...
[/quote]Thankyou Mick.

Just one more. A dream bass for me. The one I used to own. A Sei J5 with a myrtle top, swamp ash body, Bartlolini's and a J Retro. would love to have it back. There was nothing really out there Jazz bass tone wise. It just sounded amazing. Sold it for £900 when times were tough. gutted.

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1509562778' post='3399956']

[/quote]

All true! I dreamed of owning a Wal. I was so sure they were the perfect bass for me. Bought one. Good but wasn't THE ONE. I dreamed of owning various Laklands. Had them. Good, but they're gone now. Musicman, Warwick, same story. I only thought I wanted them all. BUT, unlike many who continue to search, I HAVE been lucky enough to play my dream bass, so now I KNOW.

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1509567736' post='3400016']
BUT, unlike many who continue to search, I HAVE been lucky enough to play my dream bass, so now I KNOW.
[/quote]

You going to share it with us, then? :)
Or is it still the Pre-CBS P?

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1509567934' post='3400017']

You going to share it with us, then? :)
Or is it still the Pre-CBS P?
[/quote]

Yup. Specifically a refinished 64 P bass belonging to a friend. He's owned it since '68. Chances of it ever being mine are, let's say, slim...

I was a hair's breadth from buying a refinished 66 P that was pretty close to perfect from Rudy's when we were on honeymoon in NYC, but didn't think a 3k credit card bill was the best start to wedded life...