Why become a member? ×

[SOLD!] CORT RITHIMIC 4 (JEFF BERLIN)
£450

Drax

Bought new from Bass Gallery, London. I went in looking at jazz's and walked out with this :)

Things that won me over -

• The neck! Standard jazz width 38mm nut, but more shallow than a Fender C profile, light satin finish, fast and comfortable. Without too much hyperbole, for me one the best necks I've played. I recently had a custom build, and based the neck on this.
  • Great woods, Babicz bridge, bartolini pups, hipshot ultralights - very well specced for the money
  • More unusual finishes do polarise opinion, but IMHO the woods on this look beautiful, (and arguably much nicer in the flesh/wood..)

Sounds great of course, lots of reviews online - here's Dood of this parish waxing lyrical

https://youtu.be/Z7lKZfALprY

Condition very good. Never gigged, home use only. Few minor buckle scratches, nothing I can bring out in a photo. The gold finish on the front pick up volume and the bridge has started to age gracefully where it's been touched - actually think this looks quite nice (and again can't photo well..).

Recent set up by Bass Gallery, with new Elixirs, about 10 playing hours ago..

Price includes packaging and courier to (reasonable) mainland UK. Can post further at additional cost.

I'm in SE8, happy to meet you halfway if you're in London.

Standard manufacturer blurb;

Rithimic Series is designed and inspired by Jeff Berlin, created by Cort. Jeff Berlin is known as one of the greatest bass players in the world and is also considered one of the finest clinicians in music.

Cort Guitars and Jeff Berlin have collaborated to release the Jeff Berlin bass since 2014. Jeff's basses have always been simple and vintage inspired, but then tweaked to his exact specifications to make them something special. The Rithimic provides that same balance between vintage, simple and well evolved for today's playing demands.

The bass features an alder body with a beautiful exotic wood top. Outfitting the body are a pair of Bartolini Jeff Berlin custom soapbar pickups, a Babicz Full Contact Hardware bridge, one volume control, one balance control, one tone control, passive electronics, and gold hardware. The hard rock maple neck is complemented with a rosewood fingerboard and four inline headstock featuring Hipshot Ultralight tuners.

"After playing the same bass for so many years I was not sure that another builder could develop something that I would love. As soon as I played the very first Cort Rithimic bass, I was wowed. I could not believe how perfectly this bass turned out. This is an astonishing instrument that Cort has built for me."

ALDER BODY WITH SPALTED MAPLE AND PADOUK TOP
Custom designed body with the beautifully visualised Spalted maple and Padouk top make you try to play the bass. The alder body has its own unique clarity and brightness.

BARTOLINI Jeff Berlin CUSTOM SOAPBAR PICKUPS
The only one existing Dual Coil Humbucker pickups for neck and bridge designed by Jeff Berlin offer warm, deep tones with a piano-like low end. The pickups are a split coil design with a well-defined magnetic field aperture for maximum clarity and tonal response.

BABICZ FCH5 GOLD BRIDGE
The full contact hardware technology results in an increased dynamic range, increased sustain, pitch stability. String action and intonation adjustments remain secure, even when removing strings.

HIPSHOT ULTRALIGHT TUNERS
The Rithimic is equipped with Hipshot Ultralight Tuners (classic 20:1 tuning ratio) that is made of cast zinc with aluminium strings posts and mounting nuts, resulting in 30% weight reduction over other regular tuners and which results in improved balance and tuning accuracy.

CONSTRUCTION Bolt-on
CUTAWAY Double Cutaway
BODY Alder body with Spalted Maple and Padouk Top
NECK Canadian Hard Maple Neck
FRETBOARD Rosewood
FRETS 21
SCALE 34" (864mm)
INLAY Abalone
TUNERS Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
BRIDGE Babicz FCH4 Bridge
PICKUPS Bartolini Jeff Berlin Custom Soapbar Pickups
ELECTRONICS 1 Volume, 1 Balance, 1 Tone passive Electronics
HARDWARE Gold Hardware

WEIGHT: 3.86 kg
NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1.5 in (37 mm)
STRING SPACING AT NUT: ⅜ in (10 mm)
STRING SPACING AT BRIDGE: ¾ in (18mm)

image7_zps5iyi233g.jpeg

image1_zpsr3xkxyof.jpeg

image5_zpsalrgvff1.jpeg

image4_zpsmj15mcve.jpeg

Edited by Drax
Bass sold ! (on BC :) )

[color=#888888]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I just gave a guitar to my girlfriend.[/font][/size][/color][/color][color=#888888]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]A Fender?[/font][/size][/color][/color][color=#888888]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]No, she liked it.[/font][/size][/color][/color]
[color=#888888]
Bump [/color]

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Paul vezzo said:

If still available, can you tell if it comes with a hardcase or with what?

thank you: i'm interested, and thinkin to buy it.

paul

Hi Paul - no hardcase, but bass will be fully packaged and insured for shipping. 

6 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

Do you have the locking screw that appears to be missing from the D string position of the bridge?

Well spotted! I’d forgotten about this until after the pics went up  

In typical fashion I found the screw at the time and put it somewhere so safe I can’t now locate. 

I’ve been in touch with the nice folk at Babicz and there is a replacement winging its way to me. 

• 2 weeks later...