Why become a member? ×

TH500 into 2xBB2 - anything better???

kasbridge

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1509711774' post='3401088']
If the existing signal chain can drive the power amp to clipping, then adding another preamp will have no bearing on volume. The chance of needing an additional preamp to raise the voltage with this particularly gear is vanishingly small unless something is faulty. I do appreciate your enthusiasm but I find myself doing an awful lot of face-palming when reading your posts whilst thinking "this chap thinks he knows a lot more than he actually does. And is possibly a hi-fi enthusiast or 'audiophile'..." ;)
[/quote]

Lol! No just a failed physics graduate (who never really got to grips with second order differential equations) [insert intervening career / entrepreneur stuff] and now just a simple bass player in a couple of covers bands.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1509656005' post='3400685']
Maybe the answer is a decent compressor?
[/quote]

+1 to that to deal with the clipping.

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1509712130' post='3401093']
Can we rent those massive sumo suits or maybe a huge jelly wrestling pit and get Bas and Alex to thrash it out mano to mano and to the winner goes the spoils. That really would be a good Basschat Bash
[/quote]

I'd be paying my 6' fellow BC'ers to get in the ring for me as my tag team (Cuzzie you and Cameron would do - sorry Osiris but I'm ruling you out for that role not least as you'd be a paying customer).

However I do think Osiris nailed it when he pointed out the likely cause here being a lack of mids in the signal chain exacerbated IMHO by baked in mid scoop at amp stage, with trademark Aggie 'sound',and possibly also the cab stage if the plethora of comments about a lack of mids from fellow BC'ers on certain cabs are not to be dismissed.

Edited by Al Krow