Why become a member? ×

Gig Poster and flyer printing

Triumphman

The Junkyard Dogs have had their band flyers printed by this company for the last 4 years. Easy upload of your own art, quick and efficient. Reasonably priced as well, and delivery is £5.

[url="https://www.instantprint.co.uk/"]Instantprint[/url]

We haven't tried them for large posters yet - have a look at their options and prices online.

I wouldn't recommend Vistaprint - unless they have changed their ways since I last used them - simply because their (exorbitant) delivery costs are hidden until the last moment before you press BUY, and usually cancel any savings you may have over other companies.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1509470187' post='3399227']
I wouldn't recommend Vistaprint - unless they have changed their ways since I last used them - simply because their (exorbitant) delivery costs are hidden until the last moment before you press BUY, and usually cancel any savings you may have over other companies.
[/quote]

I think as long as you are aware of this then you can remove the delivery cost. I've had fliers, business cards and a banner done at vistaprint and have been happy with price and quality. Like you say though they do try and rip you off with delivery charge. I just amend the delivery at the end from standard to economy and they still deliver in a couple of days

So long as you want a decent number (100+) and don't need your print the same day as you supply the artwork, I've not yet found a printers who can beat [url=https://www.flexpress.co.uk]FlexPress[/url] for price and quality even after delivery costs have been factored in. And IME the likes of Vistaprint and Instant print don't even come close.

In order to get the best prices you do need to supply a print-ready PDF otherwise you'll be paying extra for them to sort it out.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1509470187' post='3399227']I wouldn't recommend Vistaprint - unless they have changed their ways since I last used them - simply because their (exorbitant) delivery costs are hidden until the last moment before you press BUY, and usually cancel any savings you may have over other companies.[/quote]

+1

Any printer worth their salt works from a .pdf file and just about every design programme gives you the option of saving as a hi-res pdf. Look for the option of saving at 300dpi or more.

Some unscrupulous printers will try to charge for "converting to a printers CMYK file" but it's an automatic process and you just tell them you're aware of that.
Unless you're really clued up on print avoid "bleeds" where your image goes off the edge of the page, stick to a standard "A" size and you should be good to go.

Try your local council Graphic Design Dept.
My wife used to work there and their prices were pretty impresseive i always thought.
We even had a band banner made in vinyl for under £20 couple of years ago now.
You also see adverts on Join My Band for that kind of thing but no idea what they charge.
Dave

'Cheapest print online' I used for thin A3 posters , I seem to remember they were almost giving them away , since our 'rebranding ' the singer is doing it , they are a bit over the top TBH , they only need to last 2 weeks on a pub wall and then they are for the bin !

• 2 weeks later...

Speedyprint, Gosport.
cheap as chips 1000 double sided, thick, biz cards,
all come in plastic casses, £19 free post
fast turn around, no doubt.
they have bent over backwards for me,
cant thank them enough
[email protected],

Vista charged me almost £30 for 250 double sided, so i moaned and got half my cash back,

Edited by funkgod