Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk Thunderbirds!!! (Phoenix)

dannybuoy

Having been lusting after a Lull T5 lately, I may well have to get one of these instead! 5 string model available too according to Facebook, just not up on their site yet.

https://public-peace.de/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/phoenix/4-string

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154686279367396&id=292530792395

[IMG]https://public-peace.de/images/InStock/MaruszczykInstruments/Basses/Phoenix/pho170318.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Grahambythesea' timestamp='1509389484' post='3398565']
I wonder how long it will be before Adrian gets a call from nasty G's lawyers?
[/quote]

Weirdly, I don't think Gibson hold the rights to the Thunderbird shape, but they do for SG, 335 etc, which is why you don't see many (if any) widely available copies of those exact shapes.

Si

That Jake model in the video looks like the Lull PT4. Very nice!!
Be interesting to check out the price with those thunder’buckers

I’ve just seen the actual bass on bass direct for £1099. Bit cheaper than a Lull what!

Edited by krispn

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1510007075' post='3403272']
That Jake model in the video looks like the Lull PT4. Very nice!!
Be interesting to check out the price with those thunder'buckers

I've just seen the actual bass on bass direct for £1099. Bit cheaper than a Lull what!
[/quote]

Nancy will be along in a minute to say Maruszczyk should go down the tubes for doing that...

Great looking bass, but it's a bit unclear what the pickups actually are. They don't say they're Haeussel Thunderbird pickups, just that they're humbuckers in thunderbird covers.

Edited by Bigwan

I'm seriously interested in a 5-string Thunderbird, but right now I can't afford Mike Lull prices (and I'm still not 100% convinced about the bolt-on neck). So as soon as I saw the OP, I got in touch with [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk through their web site contact email. A week later and... nothing. Not even an [/font][/color][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]acknowledgement that they have received my email, but right now are too busy (or don't as yet have the required information) to answer my questions.[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]I have the money to place an order right now, but I'm a bit reluctant to want to do business with a company that hasn't even the manners to fire off a quick email to let me know [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]they have received mine, and will be sending me a proper reply once they have the time and the information I was asking about.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Before I give up on [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk does anyone have a more reliable contact email than the one on the web site which I can try?[/font][/color]

[quote name='howdenspur' timestamp='1510053356' post='3403518']
I got a pretty quick response via Messenger.
[/quote]

That's probably because they know the average Facebook user is probably going to post something snarky on their page if they don't answer smartish.

IMO if a company isn't prepared to use email to communicate with potential customers then they shouldn't publish an email address.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1510048268' post='3403423'][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Before I give up on [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk does anyone have a more reliable contact email than the one on the web site which I can try?[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Try a PM to [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/56-wateroftyne/"]wateroftyne[/url]? I know he has had a lot of communication with Adrian at Maruszczyk...

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1510048050' post='3403419']

Nancy will be along in a minute to say Maruszczyk should go down the tubes for doing that...

Great looking bass, but it's a bit unclear what the pickups actually are. They don't say they're Haeussel Thunderbird pickups, just that they're humbuckers in thunderbird covers.
[/quote]

The audio in that clip worked for me - a nice ‘both pick ups on’ sound, good neck only and to my ear a more useable bridge solo’d tone.
To be able to spec out a bass in a colour I like with a pick up config I’ve fancied for ages but not having to pay £3000+ for it looks like a great deal on paper. The Green Valley or Baron Blue with a tort scratch plate would be my kinda thing or maybe a gold finish. I’ve sent off an email but looking the the previous post maybe fb messenger might be s good idea.

If that’s the best way to contact them to guarantee a reply I’m all about that!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1510055618' post='3403550']
That's probably because they know the average Facebook user is probably going to post something snarky on their page if they don't answer smartish.

IMO if a company isn't prepared to use email to communicate with potential customers then they shouldn't publish an email address.
[/quote]
Adrian, the proprietor, handles all correspondence on his own. I can only assume he is a very busy man, and I think it's much more likely that he somehow missed your mail than willingly ignored it.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1510048268' post='3403423']
I'm seriously interested in a 5-string Thunderbird, but right now I can't afford Mike Lull prices (and I'm still not 100% convinced about the bolt-on neck). So as soon as I saw the OP, I got in touch with [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk through their web site contact email. A week later and... nothing. Not even an [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]acknowledgement that they have received my email, but right now are too busy (or don't as yet have the required information) to answer my questions.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Thats pretty sh*t. I just used the one on the website I think, the [email protected] one. But they were responsive back then. If they haven't got round to replying I would ask again.
Would also be interested in a 5 string thunderbird, would have gone for one of those if I had thought about it at the time.