Why become a member? ×

Nanyo 5 Bass in Iridescent Ivory Pearl
£275

TheGreek

Another attempted venture into the realms of 5ism comes to an end.

TBH I've probably only played this for about 5 hours. I bought it a few months ago at around the same time as I collected the Psilos Bass from Andy which explains the lack of use.

The colour is amazing - sort of Iridescent Ivory Pearl - shines beautifully when struck by the light - you have to see it to see. Plays lovely from the flat smooth neck to the JJ pickups. A few knocks but TBH you have to look for them to see them.

There's lots of info about these on this forum - "The Lord sayeth seek and thou shall find".

The pics:

https://imgur.com/a/SfQod?grid

rN6d0EK.jpgiLaMXft.jpg

Kg1JLAl.jpgtuSLL8e.jpg

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1509732646' post='3401317']
Adrian (Anzoid) if I ever think about getting rid of the fretless I'll send you a PM.
[/quote]

I'll be here waiting :D Don't take too long :P

And I'm so tempted by this one too - the SB100 is my "go to" favourite bass since it joined the collection. Gigged it last Sunday night and it was magnificent. You just can't go wrong with these!

I had a Maison 5 string once, they were a cheapass budget version of these basses. It was a great bass, so given that this one is superior in all aspects this will be a fabulous instrument. Lovely colour too. GLWTS

I've got 3 of these, all 5 stringers, and the heaviest is 7Lb 10 Oz, so I doubt this is anywhere near 10Lb.

Stupidly light and I cannot believe this is still here. Fantastic VFM, awesome build quality and Gotoh Hardware. These cost a  lot of money back in the day.

Edited by BassBunny

On 25/11/2017 at 11:14, TheGreek said:

The quality of these basses is legendary - you'll be hard pushed to find a better bass for the money

Absolutely. If I wasn’t reducing my bass gear I’d be all over this. In fact if Mick wanted my COG unit I probably still would ?