Why become a member? ×

JMB ad - What's this all about, then?

solo4652

Amazing how big you can make yourself sound on the Internet, ain't it?

We have lots of money to give away, you don't need to be any good because we have so many opportunities, in fact far too many to bother actually listing any, and our f***ing enormous super-duper high-quality website is ... erm ... under development just now so you can't see it, but trust us, it'll be massive.

I'm sure that 11-year-olds all over the country have been taken in by this tosh ...

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1509372013' post='3398375']
If everyone sends me £100, I'll reveal the simple way to make a shedload of money just by typing a few words on the internet...
[/quote]

I'll go for that! Please send me your name, date of birth, bank details, address, phone number...

If everyone sends me £100, I'll reveal the simple way to make a shedload of money just by typing a few words on the internet...
[/quote]

I'm reminded of an episode of Bottom in which Richie received a letter (which had actually been sent by Eddie) that simply said "Congratulations! You have been specially selected for this once in a lifetime opportunity to send us £50".

I've often wondered how many people would actually go for it if you sent out enough copies.

Looks to me like a startup website, looking to act as an intermediary service linking those who need musicians with those who are musicians. They know, quite correctly, that their service will only be successful if they have a lot of musicians on their database, so they're trying to get as many names and contact details as possible so that they can sell themselves better.

Think of it as a bit like Uber - when they wanted to move into London, they had to spend a lot of time and effort getting a bunch of drivers on their roster before the launch, because they knew that the service would only be a hit if there were plentiful drivers available. That's basically what this site looks like - they're trying to be the Uber for the music industry.

S.P.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' timestamp='1509379369' post='3398451']
That's basically what this site looks like - they're trying to be the Uber for the music industry.

S.P.
[/quote]

Your analysis would be all the more persuasive if we could actually see "what this site looks like". :lol:

[/quote]

Hey groove-hacker! I will show you two notes that will completely overhaul how you play! Plz send PayPal...

[/quote]

Please PM me with your bank details and logon password so I can make the transfer immediately.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1509382082' post='3398475']

Hey groove-hacker! I will show you two notes that will completely overhaul how you play! Plz send PayPal...
[/quote]

OK, so it’s 3 in the morning and I just got up to have a wee, that’s why I’m whispering, so I thought I’d just go commando... Commando? Guerilla? Gorilla? Ah, whatever man... And take the chance to tell you about this amazing new course we’re ...

Edited by TrevorR