Why become a member? ×

SOLD Mods please close - Squier Classic Vibe Precision. Pro P/J conversion, great upgrades
£375

Marc S

Back up for sale - I withdrew this bass, as it's a real wrench putting it up for sale... however, It's not getting used....
Note this is NOT a Squier Affinity. It's from the superb (and discontinued) Classic Vibe range. It has been converted into a P/J professionally by Dave Dearnaley (great Cardiff luthier) and it's a superb job - you'd swear it was a factory job. It's also in near mint condition..... No fret wear I can see

Those in the know fully realise how good the Classic Vibe range are. There are plenty of comparisons on youtube between CV's and Fenders. I had a US P bass at the same time as this, and there really wasn't much in it - I kid you not. Once this was P/J'ed, it was the keeper, not the US. I'm only selling this now, as I've ordered a Limelight... otherwise, I'd be keeping it...

This bass has Upgraded pickups - Entwistle JBXN and PBXN models - really powerful with extended size magnets.
plays, looks & sounds superb. I withdrew this a while back, and it's a real wrench to sell it - but I have too many
Based in Cardiff North. No trades - but may trade for a Classic Vibe or MIM Jazz, or possibly a USA Jazz, with cash going your way
Actually, I'd really like a Roadworn Jazz again, so willing to add cash for one
EDIT: I'd also consider trade for a MIM or US Jazz body....

Collection or meetup preferred, as I hate sending basses in the post. Also, I want you to appreciate just how good this bass is and for us both to be happy with the sale / trade...
I'd be willing to drive for the right trade....

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1509374483' post='3398399']
I'll second what Marc says, these are exceptional basses, and it's in the right colour too.

GLWTS mate.
[/quote]

Yes indeed. Cheers Tom

Bump - c'mon BC'ers.... you heard what tom said

Edited by Marc S

Bump for an amazing bass.
All PM's replied to - and note.... I'd consider offers, but sensible offers please
If you saw one of these for sale much cheaper.... why didn't you buy it? ;)

Edited by Marc S

10 hours ago, divineinventionband said:

Is the bass still for sale?

Hi there,
Someone said they definitely wanted it, (though I hadn't asked for a deposit) - they were seemingly keen, we were amid arrangements for a meet-up / collection..... and then they disappeared
Someone else, who messaged me just before you, has also said they're definitely having the bass - so I haven't "bumped" the thread. I'm a man of my word, so I will hold onto it for them, and want to make sure they are happy with this fab bass

Quite a few people have PM'ed me recently about this bass
The odd thing is, since the photos disappeared, and since I haven't been "bumping" this thread.... I've had more enquiries about this bass than before!

Same thing happened when I withdrew my David gage DB from sale
I was suddenly swamped with enquiries, PM's and offers to "beat whatever I've been offered" by anyone else..... strange ;) lol

Edited by Marc S

13 hours ago, Ernie's ball said:

I’m after a Classic Vibe P Bass. Thought about taking a chance with the black 70’s one with the block inmates on the maple fret board but prefer the P/J configuration. 

Any pics of this?

Only problem for me is I’m in NE Scotland. 

Hi there Ernie,
I'm meeting with someone who wants this bass over the weekend, which is why I haven't bumped it
I haven't put it "on hold" yet - as I thought this bass had already sold.... four times! :o
This BC'er seems very keen - so I will now put on hold in the title, as that seems only fair to him....
The pics disappeared when the forum underwent all the recent changes. I didn't "bump" it then, as someone else was supposed to be buying it...

I too like the 70's CV Precision. It's a real beauty. Just to let you know my thoughts on comparing the two;
The 70's CV has a slightly chunkier neck, and may be just a tad heavier. It sounds a tad more "middy" than this version of the straight P too...
This version has a slightly narrower, more shallow "C" shaped neck profile. Mine has had the J pickup added, and the P/J arrangement is something I really like
You still retain that distinctive P sound, and dial in as much Jazz "burble" as your taste requires

Of course, this is a modification to this bass - originally, it was a straight P. Squier do a P/J Precision in their Affinity range, and even do one in the same Fiesta Red colour. They're not the same build quality as these CV's mind you, but it's something you might want to consider, if you haven't tried a P/J. Also, you could go for the 70's CV and get a J pickup added...... I thought about that myself, as I really do like the look of the 70's P, all in black, with maple board and block & bound neck mmmm
I just haven't got room though, and way too many basses - or I'd be keeping this one, AND buying a 70's CV

You don't see many of these around, especially in Fiesta Red, it seems. One came up on here around the same time I advertised mine, and it went within a day or two
My advice is get one as soon as you can! and buy a 70's version too :)

36 minutes ago, SICbass said:

Aaaaaarhhh nuts!! I was so lusting after this beauty but couldn’t offload my other basses ???

Aaaargh. Sorry to hear that SICbass
It was for sale for some time, in fact, I'd withdrawn it once before. Shame you didn't manage to get it
still.... it's gone to a great BC'er and new home.....

EDIT: It is indeed a very very lovely bass - to anyone thinking of getting a Squier Classic Vibe - get it!
I had a Fender US P bass at the same time as this beauty, and there really wasn't much in it, quality-wise
After the pickup upgrades..... it knocked spots off the US model.....
Wish I could have justified keeping it, I really do. 

Edited by Marc S