Why become a member? ×

Headphone Amps - Looking for Recommendations

lou24d53

Since becoming a first-time parent mid-August, I've been finding that my practice time at home has been pretty limited...the obvious main reason being that I have other things to focus on, but secondly, it's that I'm not wanting to practice at home using my main bass amp in order not to disturb the wee man when he's kipping...which would then lead me to incur the wrath of Mrs Lou...!

I've been looking online at headphone amps, but to be honest, I'm not sure what I'm looking for, hence I'm asking for advice or recommendations on what's out there, preferably being Android compatible...

Or am I simply best just sticking with the headphone output on the amp? :blink:

Cheers,
Dougie

IME, a little mixer is perfect. Not only do they have multiple ins and outs for headphone practice but once you have one you'll wonder how you managed without. They come in handy in loads of situations and if you get one with a USB connection you'll be able to record at home too.

Edited by Jack

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1509367975' post='3398338']
The headphone output of your amp will do the job fine. Even better if it has an Aux in. What amp are you running? The real question though is how mobile do you want to be?
[/quote]

It's a Genz Benz Contour 500 - http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&mid=2862&sid=705&cid=95

I would just use your amp then unless it has noise or low volume issues. I've never been satisfied with the built in headphone amp on the amps I've owned, but my PJB Bighead puts out way more volume yet is totally noise free. Add to that the fact it's battery powered and can be used as a USB audio interface for recording or jamming along via the USB connection.