Why become a member? ×

American in Belfast

jposega

Hi forum!

My name is Jacob, and I just moved to Belfast, Northern Ireland from the US with my wife. I’m here for a PhD in Ethnomusicology, and I’ve got a BA in anthropology and an MA in audio arts (music industry and studio recording).

I play most styles, not really into country, but I’m a big fan of prog rock, metal, and funk. Along with playing bass, I also do remote mixing and mastering.

I brought a Pedaltrain Nano with just the essentials and my two Dingwalls - an ABZ6 and a Super PJ5. I’m also a member of TalkBass.

Thanks for having me!

Hi there

I'm originally from N.Ireland but living in Edinburgh. Headed back home in Dec for a Rocket from the Crypt show. Nice place Belfast I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you like good beer I suggest you go check out 'Northern Light's' bar up the Ormeau Road (the old brew bot bar location) and keep an eye out for Boundary brewery. As for venues its been a while since I've lived there but it sounds like you'll be around folk who should know whats happening. Black Box is worth checking out and seeing who they have playing.

I think I recognize your avatar from TB!! As a fellow Super P5 player welcome to Bass chat!

Gavin

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/10/2017 at 14:01, Gareth Hughes said:

Welcome. If you want to check out some local gigs I'd heartily recommend the John Hewitt bar in the Cathedral Quarter on a Thursday night. Has a very fine bass player in the form of Mr. Trevor Dyer. And you'll also find fellow BassChatter MachineHead there too.

Welcome Jacob.

I just noticed your introduction.  Welcome to N Ireland.

You are indeed welcome to join us in the John Hewitt pub on a Thursday night for some great music.  And yes Trevor is a great player.

Also, if you like to jam, there's are monthly jam in the Enler Delta Blues Club in Comber.  (It's not only blues)  It happens to be on this Sunday 19th November from 15.00 to about 18.00.  All singers and musicians are welcome.  It's a very friendly family atmosphere and children are welcome.  PM me if you're interested.

Frank.