Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar 750 fan noise - is it silent enough to use in a living room?

ernst

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Hi all,[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]I'm thinking of getting a Reidmar 750 to accompany a Barefaced BB2. It seems like a well matched combination and I like the possibility of eventually adding a second 8 ohm cab and get even more sound when the need arises.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]One thing I'm a bit worried about though, is the [/size][/font][/color][b]fan noise[/b][color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4] when using the head tot practise in the living room.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]There is no info in the manual nor on the EBS website as to if the fan is temperature regulated, or just always on maximum RPM.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Also I did not find any reviews that mentioned about it.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Is there anybody who owns one who can chime in on this subject?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Thank in advance,[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Ernst[/size][/font][/color]

Right, I switched the amp on in a quiet room and had to put the amp up to my ear to hear the fan. It seems to be running slowly so maybe it speeds up as the amp heats. I doubt you'd need to drive it at all for home practice so the fan's unlikely to ever be heard.

And yes, the Reidmar 750 and BB2 is a killer rig and loud enough for any gig. I have a Super Midget as well as a BB2 but rarely use both.

Frank.

• 4 weeks later...