Why become a member? ×

*Mods - please close* Some of my collection for sale
£3000

NoirBass

[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5]Firstly Mods, If I've broken any rules putting these in one thread I apologise. If you would prefer me to separate these into different posts, I will, but I just felt it would be easier to keep track of in one place.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5]Having recently moved house I find myself in the unfortunate position of having a lot less space to store my prized bass collection. On the plus side I have managed to convince my wife to covert the garage into a studio - although that is going to take some serious cash. So, in order to kill the aforementioned two birds I need to thin the herd somewhat. Most of these I have purchased from Basschat and so it feels only right to offer them up here first. This is the first batch of Basses I'm going to sell over the coming weeks, but expect many more basses, guitars, amps, pedals and other titbits to follow. [/size][/font][/color]

[size=5][font=Times][color=#101010]For anyone wanting more pictures please PM me with your email address and I'll send you some.[/color][/font]

[font=Times][color=#101010]*EDIT - I have edited some of the descriptions where shown having taken the pictures and given the guitars a close inspection.[/color][/font][/size]

[attachment=256547:IMG_4536.jpg]

[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5][b]*SOLD* - [/b][/size][/font][/color][s][color=#101010][font=Times][size=5][b]Hohner B2ADB-BK Headless Electric Bass - £250 (+£10 for postage in the UK)[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5]I wanted one of these for ages and had to wait for a very long time for one to pop up 2nd hand. Eventually this one did, but the truth is I just don't get on with the shape, so here it is up for sale. It has come in very handy as a travel bass - It'll fit in the overhead locker of a plane and I can get it across the boot of my car with a full load behind it. On warmer days I've also strapped it to my back and cycled to teach my students. This is in virtually mint condition *EDIT - absolutely mint as new! - *EDIT and features the drop tuning key on the bridge. It has an active/passive switch and gives a surprisingly good range of sounds from the two humbuckers. It'll do a fairly meaty P impression with the front pickup soloed or more out-of-phase Jazz type tones with the pair on. You can then tweak away with the EQ on the Pre amp. This one comes with a Warwick soft case which protects the bass perfectly. [/size][/font][/color][/s]

[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5][b]*SOLD* [/b][/size][/font][/color][s][color=#101010][font=Times][size=5][b]Epiphone Rivoli cherry burst- £500 (+£15 for postage in the UK)[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[size=5][font=Times][color=#101010]I got this a few years back when I wanted to try out a Mudbucker. This is the mid-nineties re-issue of the the classic 60's Rivoli; 1995 I believe. Its 30" scale length with the big 335 style semi hollow style body. This was built in Japan and that shows as the construction is really good. The tuners are sturdy and hold tuning well and the hardware feels solid unlike a lot of Epiphones I've played. Sound wise it nails the 60's beat bass sound, think the Kinks / the Coral. This comes with the original Epiphone branded hard case. On the negative side the previous owner has added a few knocks on the back of the neck which they have subsequently coloured in with a black marker! this doesn't effect the playability, but just wanted to give full disclosure. *EDIT - Having given it a very stringent looked it over, the body is unblemished. I've also noticed it is wearing a sexy set of short scale Labella flats EDIT![/color][/font][/size][/s]

[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5][b]SOLD [/b][/size][/font][/color][s][color=#101010][font=Times][size=5][b]Epiphone EB3 Limited Edition Custom Shop SS - £220 (+£15 for postage in the UK)[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5]Another experiment with Mudbucker style basses resulted in me buying this EB3 reissue. This is a close replica of the 60's EB3 being that its 30" scale and has a pickup selector that looks the Gibson "choke". It's a decent playing bass and gets really close to the Andy Fraser in Free, Jack Bruce in Cream tone. I would say like all EB3's it does suffer from some degree of neck dive and that perhaps makes it better for seated playing although I'm sure if you moved the strap button you could get it to balance better whist standing. This is also clean as a whistle and nicely set up. *EDIT - The case is also in very good condition with keys[/size][/font][/color][/s]

[b][font=Times][size=4][color=#101010]*Withdrawn will re-list separately* Squier Classic Vibe 60's Jazz Bass - £280 (+£15 for postage in the UK)[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5]This is the 1st incarnation of the CV Jazz in timeless Olympic white and tort, perfect to unleash your inner Joe Dart! Sales patter aside, they CV's really are as good as people say, as a result I have had every one of the bass range and a few of the guitars at one point or other; they have all been exceptional instruments easily on a par with many Fenders I've played. As I have a couple of other Jazz basses this has been sat virtually unplayed since I bought it, [/size][/font][/color][color=#ff0000][font=Times][size=5]so it is in mint condition.[/size][/font][/color][color=#101010][font=Times][size=5] *EDIT - I have now given this a very good look over and there are 3 small dinks on the body! I can provide pics on request. EDIT* It also has a rather lovely flamey neck, which I'll try to show in the pics. It's currently strung with a nice set of barely broken in Labella flats, but I'll happily keep those and give you a fresh set of rounds if you'd prefer. Unfortunately I don't have a case for this so I'm not keen on postage, but if it's a deal breaker I can try to source a bass box.[/size][/font][/color]

[b][font=Times][size=4][color=#101010]*Withdrawn will re-list separately* [/color][/size][/font][/b][color=#101010][font=Times][size=5][b]Warwick Infinity NT5 2001 - £1750 - Not willing to post![/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5]This was to be the answer to my dreams when I bought it from Denmark street new in 2001. I've cherished it since, loveingly stroking and waxing it from time to time - Cue "Love T.K.O." by Teddy Pendergrass. This was hand built in Germany and is as high spec as you'd expect from Warwick in their heyday. 7 piece through neck, MEC pickups and pre amp with coil tap and slap EQ curve. AAAA grade flame maple body which is chambered making it the lightest Warwick 5 string you'll ever play, brass frets, Just-a-nut 2 etc. etc. I could go on. Needless to say it sounds magical. My problem being that it was just a bit too nice to take down the Dog and Duck on a Friday night. This is in very good condition and I'll throw it a tatty, but functional hard case. Due to the cost of this bass I would really want to meet any potential buyer face to face and let them demo it before purchase. I'm taking a considerable hit on the price here, even on what I paid for it 16 years ago! and the list price of a new one is astronomical.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5]I'm happy to post most of these within the UK or I'm often in central London gigging in the evenings for meet ups. I'm based in London N21 for collection/trials/demos/tea etc. I will listen to trades/deals on any of the above (please feel free to PM me), but I really would prefer sales in order to pay for a good chunk of the studio. I also have impeccable feedback here on Basschat, please feel free to read my feedback thread for peace of mind:[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/18554-noirbass/"]http://basschat.co.u...18554-noirbass/[/url][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by NoirBass

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1509277002' post='3397704']
[color=#101010][font=Times][size=5]Firstly Mods, If I've broken any rules putting these in one thread...[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

No rules broken (well, one niggly one; the price entered should be the [i]total [/i]price of all the items offered...), but this is going to be a sod to get closed, as [i]ALL [/i]the items have to go, for that. This means that anyone looking for any of the still-remaining basses will have to plod through all the bumpf (a technical term...), only to find that the only one they were interested in has been sold..! It would be in your interest as a Seller to separate these, in my view, but it stands as it is if you really prefer; s'up to you. A shame about the price entered, though; we (Mods...) are always suspicious of multiple sales of the sort, in case anyone tries to add extra items without paying another ad. We're onto those tricks, anyway, but some [i]do [/i]abuse in this way, and the incorrect initial price is [i]one [/i]of the means of spotting this.
Enough; as you were, and good luck with the sale(s)...

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1509281481' post='3397731']

No rules broken (well, one niggly one; the price entered should be the [i]total [/i]price of all the items offered...), but this is going to be a sod to get closed, as [i]ALL [/i]the items have to go, for that. This means that anyone looking for any of the still-remaining basses will have to plod through all the bumpf (a technical term...), only to find that the only one they were interested in has been sold..! It would be in your interest as a Seller to separate these, in my view, but it stands as it is if you really prefer; s'up to you. A shame about the price entered, though; we (Mods...) are always suspicious of multiple sales of the sort, in case anyone tries to add extra items without paying another ad. We're onto those tricks, anyway, but some [i]do [/i]abuse in this way, and the incorrect initial price is [i]one [/i]of the means of spotting this.
Enough; as you were, and good luck with the sale(s)...
[/quote]

Apologies - I tallied up the total price of the basses (not including postage) as £3000. I assure you these are genuine sales and I’ve paid my yearly £20 for unlimited ads. Thanks for leaving it up 👍.