Why become a member? ×

Gibson Thunderbird, 2012 (SOLD)
£900

FinnDave

I need to make room for an incoming bass as I have reached my limits, both financially and in storage space. This is a lovely bass both to look at and to play, and has a rich sound all of its own, but Precisions are my first love and will always be my first choice when playing.

So, we have a here a 2012 Gibson Thunderbird, made in the USA, in absolutely perfect condition. There is not a scratch, dent chip or flaw of any description anywhere on this bass. I bought this earlier this year from a bass chatter who had owned it from new but never gigged it, I have played about a dozen gigs with it, but have gone back to my old faithful Precisions, which just seem more natural for my style of playing.

The bass includes the Gibson fitted hard shell case, which is also in excellent condition.

I prefer to avoid posting/couriering basses as I have had a bad experience in the past, and this one is simply too beautiful an object to risk damaging it at the hands of the delivery firms. This really is a bass that anyone would be proud to own, as I have been, but hard reality means something has to go.

Available to try out at my house between Abingdon and Witney in West Oxfordshire (about 10 miles from Oxford and 20 from Swindon) or will meet a buyer up to about 50 miles from here.

Edited by FinnDave

[quote name='grantgam' timestamp='1509542611' post='3399754']
Catch of the day! :)

GLWS, would love to get my hands on a SS version of this bass!
[/quote]

Cheers, it's all down to using the right bait!

Looks like the T bird is flying to a new home on Saturday, I've accepted an offer for it.

Well done, cheers. Managed to agree the sale for the exact same price I paid for a Precision easier in the week, so that is a direct swap in effect. Pity I collected the P on Monday (from near Leicester) as we're doing the T bird deal on Saturday (also near Leicester!). Could have saved a few hour of driving if things had been better co-ordinated, but it's still a good result for me.