Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1800

golltoppr

Hi everyone! Want to get this moving so I have dropped the price. This is a spectacular offer.

Players bass up for sale here. My career focus has changed a little bit so I'm selling my go-to 5-string. It's a really good instrument.

I had my luthier install the P-tone pickup (original is included) which I really like. It doesn't sound exactly like a p-bass (I think more so to do with the scale length) but it is massive sounding and has a slight 'chew' to it which I love. I find most of the time playing the bass I have it in parallel mode.

Currently, I have it set up with a fairly high action and labella flats. I can set the action lower if any prospective buyers like it low. The bass sounds great with both rounds and flats, though my preference is for flats. The bass is really well designed. I'm not a big person but never have issue reaching low C on the 37 inch B string.

Tone control is easy to use and useful. With the tone all the way off it bumps some low mids. Don't know what the capacitor is called because I'm super non-techy - it sounds good!

It's been all over the place and shared the stage with heartthrobs such as Marti Pellow of Wet Wet Wet fame

It's condition is pretty good but because this bass has put in real work it has a couple of cosmetic imperfections. I like it like that, but understand some of you collector types prefer a perfect instrument! 

Comes with a levys gig bag (with a bit of a broken front handle), allen wrenches and stuff, labella flats (£50 or something new) and the original neck pickup.

FACTORY PIC;
abi-5-trans-redburst-maple-wenge.jpg

MEDIA;
-Youtube overview of bass:

The bass is all over this album https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seventh-Wave-Skipinnish/dp/B071F3V9Q5 so I'd check out 'Alba' and 'The Iolaire' if you are interested in how the bass sounds after being professionally mixed/mastered!

I dropped the price again, making this a really cracking deal. This is about £2,300 of kit. No trade offers please, cheers

Edited by golltoppr

Ah thats a pain. Do you mean that you need both and instagram account and a spotify account to see the other stuff? Might need to upload a youtube video in that case.

I found this youtube video but the audio is semi shocking and you'll have to play our favourite (and overly familiar) game of 'spot the bass player'. Also have no idea whats going on with my hair. It's at least something!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a86BHusbJOE

• 1 month later...