Why become a member? ×

Stunning girl, instrument, playing and composition!!!

dyerseve

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1509397576' post='3398653']
It's a funny old world where saying something sincerely nice about somebody gets you in bother.
[/quote]

"Nice tits", "fantastic arse".

Sincere compliments, how could they possibly cause trouble?

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1509397576' post='3398653']
It's a funny old world where saying something sincerely nice about somebody gets you in bother.
[/quote]

It's a mad, mad, PC world, these days. I made the mistake last week, when asked "which receptionist" I had spoken to, and replying, "the cute, softly spoken, blonde one" and was promptly given a telling-off and asked to take my business elsewhere. Wasn't trying to be sexist or anything.... Didn't know her name and I was just describing her based on what I did know, from having looked at and spoken to her. Ho hum....

Edited by clivem

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1509394236' post='3398615']
Simple stuff: had the bassist in the video been a guy then we wouldn't be discussing his physical opinion at all. I know this to be true, for videos of male bassists are shared on here and their appearance is never once mentioned. The physical appearance of a male bassist isn't even any sort of subject of discussion, whether it be pleasing or otherwise. The unconscious bias/mysogyny here is that because the performer is female then their physical appearance somehow factors into the video. This doesn't mean that anybody goes home and beats their wife, simply that you subconsciously apply a different set of rules automatically when a woman is involved in activity X.

This doesn't make me a 'SJW', 'special snowflake' or in any way offended, just to clarify before those tiresome tropes are dragged into it.
[/quote]

Very eloquently put.

Simple stuff: had the bassist in the video been a guy then we wouldn't be discussing his physical opinion at all. I know this to be true, for videos of male bassists are shared on here and their appearance is never once mentioned. The physical appearance of a male bassist isn't even any sort of subject of discussion, whether it be pleasing or otherwise. The unconscious bias/mysogyny here is that because the performer is female then their physical appearance somehow factors into the video. This doesn't mean that anybody goes home and beats their wife, simply that you subconsciously apply a different set of rules automatically when a woman is involved in activity X.
[/quote]

Because with the exception of the pretty boy out of Dirty Loops and our cross-dressing Korean friend, they are all boring, ugly and badly dressed.

Edit: and mot of them could do with a good tidy up of their bedroom before they start filming.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1509226281' post='3397478']
I'm in love!

[Media]http://youtu.be/kHG2T3OAJ8w[/media]
[/quote]

I'm sure she's lovely and all that but I've already had enough of relationships where there are too many strings attached.

Edited by SpondonBassed

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1509232251' post='3397506']
Would you have [i]put it up[/i], if it was Johnny Vegas playing this tune in his underpants?
[/quote]

Would you mind rephrasing that please? Mr Vegas is concerned about his role in this scenario.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1509386264' post='3398533']
This is a thread which begs for a Hamster intervention.
[/quote]

Careful now.

I got a call from the PC brigade on another thread because I had not made the distinction between hamsters and gerbils. I got my shoulder felt for being insensitive to the rights of all rodents to be individuals. The harassment case is due to be heard in February of next year.

This doesn't make me a 'SJW', 'special snowflake' or in any way offended, just to clarify before those tiresome tropes are dragged into it.
[/quote]

Simple stuff, the girl in the video is a guitarist, not a bassist - you really should try paying attention before joining in on a discussion...

Simple stuff, I complimented her skills as a guitarist and composer. Simpler stuff, i find her attractive and complimented her good looks. In no way does my opinion or me expressing my opinion about her physical appearance take away from her talents in the same way my opinion on the physical appearance of the guitar does not take away from how the instrument sounds or how she plays it.
I posted the video to share her musical talents as I had really enjoyed listening to and discovering her via this video and thought other people on here might also enjoy her music.

To those who enjoyed the music in the video, Im glad you did and thanks for not missing the point of sharing music.

To those who think me complimenting this young ladies appearance is any way a negative thing, you guys need to get out from behind your keyboards and spend some time in the real world and spend time interacting with real people in real life scenarios. Maybe then you will have a more balanced and realistic outlook on life as well as how and when offence is meant and caused.

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]sexism - prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Misogyny is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]i don't see how the guy posting a video of a skilled female player and complimenting her appearance is any of the above.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]lets also be honest, if a video of tom hardy playing guitar was posted amongst a mostly female audience base, do you think they would instantly compliment his guitar playing? would they f***[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]OP, you haven't done anything wrong, we live in a world were people are so quick to find offence in everything on other peoples behalf you are not allowed to have an opinion.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]for what its worth, i like it, and i don't usually like seeing basses played like this.[/font][/size]

Edited by RockfordStone

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1509440671' post='3398840']
To those who think me complimenting this young ladies appearance is any way a negative thing, you guys need to get out from behind your keyboards and spend some time in the real world and spend time interacting with real people in real life scenarios. Maybe then you will have a more balanced and realistic outlook on life as well as how and when offence is meant and caused.
[/quote]
[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1509441373' post='3398847']

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]lets also be honest, if a video of tom hardy playing guitar was posted amongst a mostly female audience base, do you think they would instantly compliment his guitar playing? would they f***[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]OP, you haven't done anything wrong, we live in a world were people are so quick to find offence in everything on other peoples behalf you are not allowed to have an opinion.[/font][/size]
[/quote]

this holier-than-thou attitude gets my goat, you cant make a nice comment without someone jumping down your throat

liked the playing, guitar and lady/woman/girl (bases covered)

OP you were not in the wrong here

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1509435004' post='3398778']
Because with the exception of the pretty boy out of Dirty Loops and our cross-dressing Korean friend, they are all boring, ugly and badly dressed.

Edit: and mot of them could do with a good tidy up of their bedroom before they start filming.
[/quote]

Indeed, that guy from Dirty Loops even with his emo haircut is definitely a good looking guy. I know he's not a bassit but you cant tell me Tommy Emmanuel isnt handsome either! Doesnt seem to dress to shabby either. The fact he is one of the greatest players ever to pick up a guitar should be first and foremost in everyone's mind though!

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1509397892' post='3398661']
"Nice tits", "fantastic arse".

Sincere compliments, how could they possibly cause trouble?
[/quote]
I remember going to see a band play once and got talking to somewhat heavy on top lead guitarist. I think my opening statement was "hey, you've got a great rack going on there".

Cue the most filthy glare thrown to a man in history.

All I was doing the obligatory gear stalking... I think it was the first time I saw a Mesa Triaxis and Soundsculpture switcher in the flesh so to speak.

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1509444548' post='3398882']
thanks for the support guys, glad to see most people still have a firm grip on reality :D
[/quote]

Aye, PCness has gone so over the top when you can't even make a positive comment about someone's appearance . On another forum I got castigated for a similar positive remark about a girl on a TV show. Cripes, some people are better looking than others and we fancy them more. What's the problem there?

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1509440671' post='3398840']
[/quote]

Hey, how about being civil ? No need to be slagging people off just because you disagree with them.

[quote name='Barking Spiders' timestamp='1509447316' post='3398923']
Aye, PCness has gone so over the top when you can't even make a positive comment about someone's appearance . On another forum I got castigated for a similar positive remark about a girl on a TV show. [b]Cripes, some people are better looking than others and we fancy them more. What's the problem there?[/b]
[/quote]

Well you arent obeying the universal equal opportunity, anti-discrimination laws etc. innit. plus you're also being sexist and mysogynistic for having any opinion on the physical form of a member of the opposite sex - how very dare you!!! :gas:

Hey, how about being civil ? No need to be slagging people off just because you disagree with them.

jesus wept marmalade sandwich, I was being civil, I didnt even use any bad language or insults. The fact you are so cut up by what I said suggest only one thing... Edited by Dad3353