Why become a member? ×

Stunning girl, instrument, playing and composition!!!

dyerseve

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1509232251' post='3397506']
Would you have put it up, if it was Johnny Vegas playing this tune in his underpants?
[/quote]

Absolutely! Did you listen to the whole thing? The start is a bit slow but as mentioned above it really kicks off after the 1:20 mark.

But sure I understand it won't be for everyone.

Nice, bit Pat Metheney-esque. Would have been good to have seen the bass player and drummer, though it might be she has recorded the bass track herself and is playing along to a recording?

Edited by KevB

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1509282652' post='3397743']
Nice, bit Pat Metheney-esque. Would have been good to have seen the bass player and drummer, though it might be she has recorded the bass track herself and is playing along to a recording?
[/quote]

Your request...
Starts at 21:40
[Media]http://youtu.be/k5OTo7aQGlE[/media]

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1509316350' post='3398080']
I wouldn't say so, no evidence of tapping.
Edit: ok, a bit of tapping at the end. Not the best bit though...
[/quote]

Sorry, I was referencing the later video, 'live' with bass'n'drums. I should have made that clearer. :blush:

I really like these mathematical compositions, but she could have gone a bit further into that style and go to the Michael Nyman approach to avoid the repetitive pattern playing. That said, I like it a lot. But what happened to her left leg?

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1509318881' post='3398102']
Yes, aside from the casually sexist thread title, musical content reminded me of Chon. Clean math is have a bit of a renaissance it seems :)

Si
[/quote]

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1509320166' post='3398113']
Just to cancel out the appalling patriarchal misogyny of the thread title, may I observe that I [i]don't[/i] find the performer at all physically attractive.

That's the [i]opposite[/i] of sexism, y'see ;)
[/quote]

excuse me? WTF is wrong with me saying that I find a girl attractive? How dare you accuse me of being sexist and mysoginistic simply for paying the girl a compliment on her physical appearance as well as her musical talent!

You guys should buy yourselves a dictionary before you go slinging insults at people you have never met!

misogynist
mɪˈsɒdʒ(ə)nɪst/
[i]noun[/i]
noun: [b]misogynist[/b]; plural noun: [b]misogynists[/b]
[b]1[/b].
a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.

sexist
ˈsɛksɪst/
[i]adjective[/i]
adjective: [b]sexist[/b]
[b]1[/b].
relating to or characterized by prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

Edited by dyerseve

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1509361846' post='3398261']
excuse me? WTF is wrong with me saying that I find a girl attractive? How dare you accuse me of being sexist and mysoginistic simply for paying the girl a compliment on her physical appearance as well as her musical talent!
[/quote]

Praise the skills - what she can [i]do[/i], not what she [i]is.[/i]

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1509373372' post='3398386']
[/quote]

I did FFS! She IS talented and she IS beautiful! I will not be made to try and feel bad for saying so and nor should I. Paying a woman a compliment on her appearance is in no way derogatory, sexist or mysogynistic. Does your wife, partner, girlfriend etc. look at you like a piece of sh*t when you tell ehr how beautiful she is? No, thought not!

Btw, I would say the same damn thing if it was a handsome bloke playing the piece.

WTF is wrong with people these day???

Really are some over sensitive snowflakes round here trying to get offended for absolutely no reason whatsoever!

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1509373372' post='3398386']
[/quote]

And yet we see oodles of posts drooling over the visual appeal of such-and-such a bass..! 'Wow; that's gorgeous..!' 'Great finish..!' 'Such luscious figuring on the neck..!'. One is allowed to compliment an object on its appearance, but not a person..? How about cuddly kittens..? Is that 'over the top', too..? Hmm... :unsure:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1509374241' post='3398397']
And yet we see oodles of posts drooling over the visual appeal of such-and-such a bass..! 'Wow; that's gorgeous..!' 'Great finish..!' 'Such luscious figuring on the neck..!'. One is allowed to compliment an object on its appearance, but not a person..? How about cuddly kittens..? Is that 'over the top', too..? Hmm... :unsure:
[/quote]

Those people are Bassist(s)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1509374241' post='3398397']
[/quote]

This is a logical fallacy.