Why become a member? ×

Warwick Dolphin Pro 1 - SOLD
£1800

andybassdoyle

My dream bass from back in the day but I have to be honest, I really don't play it much and perhaps it's time to move on.

I believe this is a 2010 model but very happy to try and answer any questions from Warwick enthusiasts etc. Bass is used but in very good condition. It is not stock - I had a refret done recently by the Gallery in Camden, great job and more to my taste than the original Warwick frets.

Anyway, fire away with pms or questions and I will do my best to answer. Bass is in Norwich and price includes UK shipping.

Open to trades but need a decent amount of cash to go with it.

DSC_0374.thumb.JPG.5b4b0e7a1a86cdbb0982ae65432f418f.JPG
DSC_0375.thumb.JPG.2b07fee80c28e9409897b8146c3df2d5.JPG

DSC_0376.thumb.JPG.dcc68c92461a19065ac7e4bf5fb81f1d.JPG

DSC_0377.thumb.JPG.5c119e3f0f28be770f39c22c5ae725cf.JPG

DSC_0378.thumb.JPG.2264df0e1d0eaa6b7ebd15f15cfba47b.JPG

x

Edited by andybassdoyle
sold
  • Like 2

This would be my old bass, yes?

If so, this is an incredible bass. Build is fantastic, this was basically made at the start of the new Warwick era, they are immaculate and the woods on this are lovely.

Not many of these about, expect to pay over £5k new!

• 10 months later...

Here you go - pics added. I have now entered the 'bass on leather sofa' phase....

I'm going to leave the price as per the original listing as I think this is in the right ball park. Happy to listen to offers with cash and bass though - of particular interest would be spectors or quality P basses but hit me up.

x

I have its older brother from 2001!  Ovangkol and MEC pickups.  2-band EQ with coil tap for the bottom pickup.  Beautiful instrument with such a clear sound.  Very comfortable to play with no neck dive whatsoever.  I would need thinner fingers to properly use all the extra frets tho (27 of them going 2 octaves plus a minor 3rd up every string).

... and THIS is the only one to come on the market (at a fair rather than Japanese dealer price) since mine.  Rare beauty.

Edited by NickA
correction
  • Thanks 1

So BC is going Dolphin mad now with Henry moving not one but two of his (the blue one is particularly sick imo). Lot's of interest in this one but still here so far. First and only price drop to £1,650 for a quick cash sale, price stays as is for porpoises of any trades.

I'll be at the Victor Wooten Gallery session later this month (no idea who he is but the Prince Albert does a particularly good sausage and mash). This will go with me, transported in it's own special saltwater transit tank, for the Gallery guys to sell for me.

Let's find it a home before then. Px trades are still welcome, especially for:

P basses

Spector Euro or similar - a 6 would be awesome

Other things considered of course..!

Must realise a decent wedge of cash from any deal though

Happy Sunday all

x

3 minutes ago, Henrythe8 said:

Sorry to hijack, but the Dolphin 5 of fbassclaf had me tempted 🙂

Haha no worries Henry. The 5 is great and it has the barts which I think are fabulous on these basses. Never got around to replacing them on this bass. 

There is certainly some great aquatic wildlife on the forum right now! 

🐬

Edited by andybassdoyle

Wow.  No dolphins for over a year, then a whole pod of them. Majorly annoying for the sellers, but this one is still best value.

The broadneck 5 is a full 50% more than one that sat on eBay for months with no takers, a couple of years back (only down the road from me too - should have had it 😞 ).  Fashions change I guess.

Edited by NickA
sent b4 ready