Why become a member? ×

Identifying jazz bass body

oldslapper

I'm parting out a couple of jazz basses & wanted to get an idea of what this body is so I can give an accurate description.
Can't see if it's ply or solid, and there's a stamp in the pocket that says C JUNE and a 3
Pic: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VvEOBwLNGFD7C9wu1
It's very light in weight.
Anyway, any help appreciated.
Thanks,
John

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1509110469' post='3396707']
showing the entire body from several angles would be helpful as there can be small variations in shape, routings, contours that will rng bells with people.
[/quote]

Sure, good idea, thanks.
Here's some more pics of routing, and body shape.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UxBBfkIAHuv5Pu5q2

It certainly looks solid. There seems to be a centre seam, but the wood is rather striped so beyond that I can't hard to tell how many pieces there are. If it's light it might be basswood, although most basswood I've seen is very plain, more so than this. Where did you get the body?

Edited by ZilchWoolham

[quote name='ZilchWoolham' timestamp='1509116745' post='3396794']
It certainly looks solid. There seems to be a center seam, but the wood is rather striped so beyond that I can't hard to tell how many pieces there are. If it's light it might be basswood, although most basswood I've seen is very plain, more so than this. Where did you get the body?
[/quote]

Ebay purchase a while ago, with a neck attached. Description was limited.

Nice looking body. It's not ply - the easiest way to tell is that a ply P or J body with a 'burst finish will have big black oversprays on the front & back contours, to disguies the laminations. Also there are no visible laminations inside the routes or the neck pocket.

Looks to me like this is made from two pieces of timber joined dead-centre.

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1509123152' post='3396868']
Just looks like a bog standard, edge laminated Fender or Squire jazz body made from cuts of lightweight Alder (with a plain grain) to me.
[/quote]

It's definitely a bog standard jazz body, just wanted to check before listing & the inevitable questions about solid or ply.
Cheers