Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SRF700 Portamento NOW SOLD
£400

bartelby

I have decided to sell my Portamento, mainly due to it not being used so much these days. Here's some photos and Ibanez blurb about the bass:

37039303703_049936f674_c.jpg

The MK1 pickups are split coil designs that provides a very wide frequency range and enhanced definition for maximum accuracy. The Neck and Bridge pickups have equal response, like traditional single coils, but without the hum and noise. The EQ section incorporates the controls of the Bartolini pickups with the AeroSilk Piezo system. Controls include a Master volume, balance and bass & treble controls for the Bartolini MK-1 pickups and a Master volume and a tone control for the Piezo system.
30317607002_586bda8db8_c.jpg

The SR Portamento features an extended 30-fret Rosewood fretboard for playing in upper registers usually only accessible on an upright.
30347908411_6273954499_c.jpg

The Custom bridge is created specifically for the optimum performance of the AeroSilk Piezo pickup system. Unique plastic saddles were designed to work in concert with the piezo pickups and enhance the acoustic "stand-up" quality of the sound.
30347907801_3f84428f82_c.jpg

On the back of the SR Portamento are recessed controls assigned to each individual string to control the volume of the Ibanez-exclusive AeroSilk Piezo pickup. Perfect string balance and response can be achieved by adjusting the volume to accommodate different string gauges.
30317606102_b663f12ae2_c.jpg

The neck has lost it's satin finish somewhat, it was like this when I got it, but it makes no difference to the playability of the bass.
26168062679_c6b8a37c70_c.jpg

It has a acquired a couple of dings in the top edge of the body:
26168062069_3f250b6dca_c.jpg

It will come in an old gig bag. Beware, it's old.

I'm based in south Wales if anyone wants to try and/or collect.
I'm happy to deliver within 60 miles of Pontypool.

I'm in London on the 23rd November so a day time hand over is possible (zones 1-3).

Buyer will have to arrange any couriers, I'm afraid.
I have a guitar box and a large Thomann shipping box for this to go in if necessary.
(Shipping info: carton is 138x18x60 cm and total weight is 8kgs)

Edited by bartelby
Sold

I've been avoiding looking at this one just in case I have a rush of blood from my wallet, but TBH I'm trying to concentrate on fives at the moment.

But I'm really surprised nobody's even looking at it. It's a beauty :)

Good luck with your sale!

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1509527456' post='3399581']
No love for this fantastic fretless? :(

Please help me fund a new mixer :)
[/quote]

On the contrary, lots of love for it here. I'd buy it immediately if I didn't have two lovely fretless basses already. Somebody's gonna get a beautiful instrument. Have a bump.

• 2 weeks later...