Why become a member? ×

What could possibly go wrong?

Happy Jack

https://www.gumtree.com/p/drummer-wanted/bass-player-wanted-for-garage-rnb-punk-british-beat-type-band/1272489092

I absolutely loved the line, "[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][i][b]This is a new project, none of us have met yet[/b][/i]."[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1509005403' post='3395888']
I absolutely loved the line, "[color=#3C3241][font=Castledown, Arial, sans-serif][i][b]This is a new project, none of us have met yet[/b][/i]."[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1509107549' post='3396673']
I missed the chance to join a band that had never met each other before.
[/quote]

Brilliant - reminds me of how Damo Suzuki joined Can:

[color=#000000]“Jaki and I were sitting in a cafe and saw Damo coming down the street,” Czukay tells [/color][i]Prog[/i][color=#000000]. “He was somehow praying to the sun and making loud noises, singing or chanting. I turned to Jaki and said: ‘This is our new singer.’”[/color]
[color=#000000]Czukay introduced himself and asked if Suzuki might be interested in joining the band for that night’s sell-out gig at the Blow Up club. “I told him there’d be no rehearsal, that we’d see him on stage and he could just go ahead,” continues Czukay. “And it worked out in a totally unexpected way.[/color]"
-- http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-11-03/the-prog-interview-cans-damo-suzuki

One suspects that was 'the exception that proves the rule'...