Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 2012 USA Fender Precision - Maple 3TSB + OHSC
£850

playbass

Hello Basschatters,

As I've recently mentioned, a[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]fter moving from playing 6-strings I rebelled against myself and started playing 4-strings in a rebound kind of way... I think I rebounded too far and (predictably) I miss the low B. So here we are with a 4-string for sale.[/font][/color]

This is probably the best Fender I've ever played, much higher quality and more solid feeling and sounding than the older Fender stuff I've played, I was always a jazz bass person, and this almost converted me but I miss my more modern sounding basses with active electronics, especially for the kind of music I play most of the time.

[b]SETUP[/b]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I can supply the bass with flats or round wounds, whichever you prefer. The neck is currently set up with a small amount of relief and a fairly low action, for a Fender, 3mm at12th fret for the E string.[/color][/font]

[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CONDITION[/font][/color][/b][list]
[*]Very low fret wear (ask for photos, I will send them, no problem)
[*]The bass has no dents.
[*]There is one chip in the finish on the top edge, which hasn't damaged the wood below. (see pics)
[*]There is one hairline surface scratch just above the pick guard. It's just about visible in the photo showing the chip. It's about 4mm above the pick guard and runs parallel with it. It isn't visible in normal conditions, you have to hold it at just the right angle towards the light. You wouldn't notice it unless I point it out, but I prefer to list everything up front rather than mention things later on, or hope you don't spot issues.
[*]Truss rod is fully functional with zero damage/mangling of where a truss rod tool fits in the end of it.
[*]The case is fully functional and in good condition too, no keys, but as someone once pointed out to me, if someone is going to take it, then they'll just take the whole case rather than looking conspicuous by carrying around a bass without a case.
[/list]
[b]GOOD POINTS[/b][list]
[*]Fantastic, full sounding pickup, soooo much better than the one in a Highway One I once owned. I believe they are the Fender custom shop pickups in post 2010 USA Standards.
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Feels very sturdy and good quality, like it's built to last.[/font][/color]
[*][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Good accurate tuners.[/color][/font]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Graphite reinforced neck feeling very stable unlike some cheaper basses I've played.[/font][/color]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nice neck with satin finish[/font][/color]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Excellent High Mass Vintage Bridge, really sturdy with through body or top load options.[/font][/color]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Rolled fingerboard edges[/font][/color]
[/list]
[b]BAD POINTS[/b][list]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Doesn't have a B string[/font][/color]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Only goes down to E, unless you de-tune[/font][/color]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Only has 4-strings[/font][/color]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No active electronics :-)[/font][/color]
[/list]
[color=#333333][font=futura-pt, sans-serif][size=1]FENDER AMERICAN STANDARD PRECISION BASS 2012 FEATURES:[/size][/font][/color][list]
[*]Body Shape: Precision Bass®
[*]Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
[*]Number of Frets: 20
[*]Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
[*]Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
[*]Fretboard: Rosewood or Maple
[*]Neck Material: Graphite Reinforced Maple
[*]Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
[*]Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
[*]Neck Plate: Standard 4 Bolt
[*]Truss Rods: Posiflex™ Graphite Neck Support Rods
[*]Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
[*]Pickup: Custom Shop '60s Precision Bass® Split Single-Coil Pickup
[*]Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
[*]Hardware Finish: Chrome
[*]Bridge: HMV, High Mass Vintage, (Strings-Thru-Body or Topload)
[*]String Nut: Synthetic Bone
[*]Strings: Fender® USA Super Bass 8250M, NPS, (.045, .065, .085, .110TW Gauges)
[*]Unique Features:
[*]-Tinted Neck
[*]-Maple Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front
[*]-Rosewood Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Headstock Front with Buffed Fingerboard
[*]-Fender Spaghetti Logo
[*]-Posiflex™ Graphite Neck Support Rods
[*]-Rounded Body Shape
[*]-Rolled Fingerboard Edges
[*]-New Moulded Fender/SKB® Case with TSA Locks, Glass Reinforced Nylon Trigger Latches, and Form Fitted Plush Interior
[*]Included Accessories: Moulded rectangular SKB® case
[*]Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
[/list]
[b]WEIGHT[/b]
4.3kg / 9.46lbs

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Plenty more photos available, just ask. [/font][/color]

Edited by playbass

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1509025827' post='3396134']
Damn, that's my idea of the perfect bass, just sat there...
[/quote]

Personally, I can resist everything... except temptation.

BTW, You only live once. :-)

Edited by playbass