Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2018!! 08/04/2018

scrumpymike

18 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

Mike,  it takes a lot of rime efffort and money tou raganise a bash.Shall we start paying to ease the financial incentive burden?

Thanks very much for the thought and, yes please (I've already paid for the hall hire).  Entrance price including food & drink will be the same as last year at £10.  Could those who are happy to pay now pls pm me and I'll reply with payment details.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, paddy109 said:

Intrigued as this is not too far from me - what can a novice bass basher expect (no secrect handshakes I hope)?

No, but there will be  comparing of  foot tattoos! 

Novice or Expert it does not matter, with gear or not, again not an issue. Look back at  last years photos (should be under ditto title 2017) and see what went on. Great food, Basses and the friendliest bunch of Bassists this side of the Quantocks. Did I mention the Prize Raffle...? 

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

Novice or Expert it does not matter, with gear or not, again not an issue. Look back at  last years photos (should be under ditto title 2017) and see what went on. Great food, Basses and the friendliest bunch of Bassists this side of the Quantocks. Did I mention the Prize Raffle...? 

+1 - there's something for everybody in a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.  Come and have a look at what's on offer - best part is a large amount of it's edible :D

Edited by scrumpymike

1 hour ago, paddy109 said:

Intrigued as this is not too far from me - what can a novice bass basher expect (no secrect handshakes I hope)?

Bass bashes are very relaxed events - this one especially! Ability and experience makes no difference neither does gear, nobody judges. Folk take all sorts of gear to these events and it is a great opportunity to try out different kit and stuff you don't often see in normal music shops. This bash also has the bonus of great food - not to be missed! If it is close to you then come along - I'm sure you will enjoy it. Cheers, Jez

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

1 hour ago, scrumpymike said:

+1 - there's something for everybody in a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.  Come and have a look at what's on offer - best part is a large amount of it's edible :D

Guys, I’m sold. Gear, food, foot tattoos, raffle and chance to meet someone else who plays bass - what’s not to like!

Just one thing, am I likely to return home and inform the wife “I really need to buy............” 

8 hours ago, paddy109 said:

Guys, I’m sold. Gear, food, foot tattoos, raffle and chance to meet someone else who plays bass - what’s not to like!

Just one thing, am I likely to return home and inform the wife “I really need to buy............” 

Oh yeah, there is that problem.....