Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2018!! 08/04/2018

scrumpymike

OK guys (and gals) - that's the hall booked for Sunday 7th April 2019!!  We'll make sure there's a group photo or two - and  Mrs Scrumpy is already thinking about next year's menu (I've told her she needs to get out more) :D  Look forward to seeing/hearing the lighter self-build cab.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

OK guys (and gals) - that's the hall booked for Sunday 7th April 2019!!  We'll make sure there's a group photo or two - and  Mrs Scrumpy is already thinking about next year's menu (I've told her she needs to get out more) :D  Look forward to seeing/hearing the lighter self-build cab.

Is that the cab I built on Sunday or the mad idea I floated at the end when we were packing up? My band have a short paternity leave situation ( the perils of playing with younger people :) ) so I've got a cab built and no expectation in the next couple of months of a gig to try it at. If someone close by fancies a run out with a tiny 12" cab and I can get it to them I'm up for that. 

16 hours ago, Phil Starr said:

Is that the cab I built on Sunday or the mad idea I floated at the end when we were packing up? My band have a short paternity leave situation ( the perils of playing with younger people :) ) so I've got a cab built and no expectation in the next couple of months of a gig to try it at. If someone close by fancies a run out with a tiny 12" cab and I can get it to them I'm up for that. 

Picking up on chienmortbb John's mention of using latest-generation speakers to shed some overall weight.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2018 at 12:41, scrumpymike said:

Marvellous! Looking forward to it already!

Cheers

On 4/30/2018 at 09:55, Thor said:

Now following this thread - good to meet Scrumpymike and Gabs at The Swan Inn,  Wedmore last Friday night:D

Same here - and hopefully see you at next year's Bash (if not before).

• 1 month later...

😥 on a Sunday for the third year!

Unfortunately most gospel/church bassist excluded again.

🎶🎵💒🎸🎶

It does look like we are missing out on a good day. Can it not alternate Sat/Sun from year to year?🙏🏼

...Or perhaps, would anyone be up for starting a S.W. bass meet, for those who play on Sundays? 

I'm up for learning some new gospel fills.🌮🥒

Could be a Saturday in late Autumn, instead of Sunday in Spring?🤔

Download Harvest Festival ☺️

18 minutes ago, Tullfan said:

😥It does look like we are missing out on a good day. Can it not alternate Sat/Sun from year to year?🙏🏼

...Or perhaps, would anyone be up for starting a S.W. bass meet, for those who play on Sundays? 

Unfortunately I suspect for most that Saturday is a far busier day than sunday.  For a lot of people Sunday is the only free day of the week.

14 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Unfortunately I suspect for most that Saturday is a far busier day than sunday.  For a lot of people Sunday is the only free day of the week.

Sorry Tullfan, but I have to agree with Woody.  While I do feel uncomfortable at the thought of effectively excluding you and others who play bass on 'The Lord's Day', switching to a Saturday would rule out so many 'regulars' that the event would no longer be viable in its current form.

11 hours ago, stevie said:

In the big scheme of things, he managed for millions of years without bass players, I'm sure he'll get by if one of them takes an afternoon off.

Haha, yes He will get by, and we do have a long future together 💗 ...but also, I wouldn't want to disappoint those looking forward to me playing.💒

Its ok though, it was just a suggestion, I too will get by without it changing, everyone else being happy is 👍🏼  .🙏🏼

12 hours ago, stevie said:

He'll probably never notice. I'm sure he has more important things to worry about. 😀

Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

Matthew c26v29

i have much more to say, but this seems to be going off topic now and I don't want to risk upsetting the mods. 

So, happy to chat with anyone in a pm, but I'll leave that here.

💗🙏🏼💗

Yes, but Jesus also said, “Who among you has a sheep that falls into a pit on the Sabbath and will not take hold of it and pull it out?  <snip> Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

Isn't playing the bass doing good? I rest my case.😛