Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2018!! 08/04/2018

scrumpymike

With regard to the 1x12 shootout, I am amazed at the response. What we have discussed is to have maybe three 1x 12 cabs in the room all day and have “guest” spot whereby anytime can bring their cab in to compare against the other three.

One cab  will be a mid priced commercial cab, one will be one of the Basschat 1x12 cabs one will be a boutique cab and there will be the guest spot. However if we get enough cabs we could change the format slightly.

Although each cab will be fed the same signal during the shootouts, there will be a bass amp connected to each for noodling when no shootout is in progress. This will also allow Jabbs, Andy and others to dem their basses outside of the main hall. 

I have devised a way to take the human element out of the shootout but will disclose that on the day.

It looks like we may have a few Barefaced variants, a Greenboy design and an SWR , a TKS , a TC and that should be plenty to go on with.

I must reiterate though that the idea is not to prove any particular cab is best but to really find out whether lots of money or lots of time and effort are substantially better than a commercial cab.

Looking forward to it immensely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BreadBin said:

Wait, I can get tablets for GAS? Why did no-one mention this sooner?

There's a conspiracy between all the gear manufacturers to stop the tablets becoming widely available. They've also conned you into believing that the earth is spherical.

got a pedal to donate for the raffle (that I won in last years raffle xD donated by Rich iirc?) it's a fully functioning Line 6 Otto filter auto wah thingy. Already got a Q-tron so its surplus to my board requirements, so will bring it along for the next happy winner!

1 hour ago, scrumpymike said:

Today's pic was taken from the stage showing the overall layout of the main hall - lots of luvverly stuff on display!

http://DSCF2057.jpg

I'll be bringing that short scale bass that is on the table next to me in this picture, as it was completed about a month after this bash. Looking forward to catching up with everyone and the very tasty food!!

3 hours ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

I'll be bringing that short scale bass that is on the table next to me in this picture, as it was completed about a month after this bash. Looking forward to catching up with everyone and the very tasty food!!

Great stuff!  I've seen the finished bass in your build diary (at least I assume it was the same one) but look forward to seeing it 'in the wood'.  I'm sure it's a trick of the camera lens, but doesn't it look tiny on that table?!

59 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Great stuff!  I've seen the finished bass in your build diary (at least I assume it was the same one) but look forward to seeing it 'in the wood'.  I'm sure it's a trick of the camera lens, but doesn't it look tiny on that table?!

It is 29.5" scale but it does look very small in that picture!!!

53 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

I hope to have an HPF on hand too to demonstrate for the doubters among you.

Judging from the popularity of the HPF topic we've had running for a while, that should attract some interest.  Must admit I was leaning in that direction til I got my Mesa Subway 800 with high-pass filtration designed in.

Just in case anybody's interested, I'll be bringing more stuff than expected that's for sale, as follows:

Hohner The Jack active, headless 4-s ; Eden WTX264 head ; Ashdown RM 500 EVO head ; TC Electronic BH550 head + footswitch - all in exceptionally good condition.

If anyone else wants a last-minute, pre-event shout for stuff they're selling, just post details between now and Sunday - even if it's already on the list I posted a while back.  There's such a lot going on at the Bash that I'd hate for someone to attend and miss something that they've been looking for.

Apologies re: the SWR 1x12; alas it will not be appearing at the Bash. It's in our rehearsal studio in my drummer's barn -- I'd intended to pick it up this week, but apparently he's gone to Italy on holiday :sad:  TBH it's a bit knackered anyway, so we won't be missing much apart from a comedy element.

1 hour ago, scrumpymike said:

Just in case anybody's interested, I'll be bringing more stuff than expected that's for sale, as follows:

Hohner The Jack active, headless 4-s ; Eden WTX264 head ; Ashdown RM 500 EVO head ; TC Electronic BH550 head + footswitch - all in exceptionally good condition.

If anyone else wants a last-minute, pre-event shout for stuff they're selling, just post details between now and Sunday - even if it's already on the list I posted a while back.  There's such a lot going on at the Bash that I'd hate for someone to attend and miss something that they've been looking for.

In fact, I'm now also bringing a GK 1001RB. As it's now my gigging amp, the TC Electronic BH800 will be for sale on Sunday.

Edited by olipaulo

I'll have at least these 3 with me and  for sale at very reasonable prices:

Squier Jaguar 5 String in glorious Sunburst, as new.

P1040732.thumb.JPG.7000ade7e684c6062834967a077228fd.JPG

51 P Bass relic in Lake Placid Blue with tinted neck, low rider flats.

P1040675.thumb.JPG.1cef748f35836304c6a8d0376bca96a7.JPG

Jazz Bass copy unplayed, light hardware relic, re-cut, re-sprayed but bare headstock, add your own decal.... happy to reserve anything ahead of the Bash and all priced very competitively on the day ( or even now!). Contact me for further details (I have a current annual selling sub with BC, so all above board) 

P1040670.thumb.JPG.dc7e66e77a47b22ac8ea879a85d0a4f7.JPG