Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2018!! 08/04/2018

scrumpymike

BASH UPDATE!!

CHOWNY BASS  Regrettably it's not going to be possible for Stephen Chown to attend this year's bash but I'm going to see if we can find a way of displaying examples of his newer stuff such as the top-of-the-range SWB-1 (which I would very much like to try).  So, it looks like our self-build 12" cab team will be sharing the stage area with the Gillett Guitars exhibit plus (hopefully) a few Chowny basses on the side.

RAFFLE  If you have anything that would make a decent raffle prize, please put it to one side and bring it on the day.  I've got a new Maruszczyk premium-quality wide leather strap, some new Maru strings and a few other odds & sods.

CALL FOR MUGS (?!)  Our otherwise perfect community hall only has piddly little cups so, although we'll be bringing some from home, it will be helpful if you bring your own - or (better still) buy one of the bass-bash mugs we'll be selling at a fiver apiece.

http://TBFS_WBB_mug_front.jpg

http://TBFS_WBB_mug_back.jpg

T-SHIRTS  will only be available on a pre-ordered/pre-paid basis this year - 'no takers, no T-shirts'.  So, if you want one, please order and pay your £12 before Monday 12th March to avoid disappointment.

http://DSCF1875.jpg

(Sorry about the models but it was a low-budget event)

Not long now :D

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 17:01, scrumpymike said:

CHOWNY BASS  Regrettably it's not going to be possible for Stephen Chown to attend this year's bash but I'm going to see if we can find a way of displaying examples of his newer stuff such as the top-of-the-range SWB-1 (which I would very much like to try).  So, it looks like our self-build 12" cab team will be sharing the stage area with the Gillett Guitars exhibit plus (hopefully) a few Chowny basses on the side.

Sorry all. Rubbish personal stuff has meant I need to cut back on the time I'm away from home. Will hopefully catch you in 2019.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It's looking like a gig free weekend so count me in.

I'm not sure what to bring? I brought one of my double basses last year, but there wasn't much interest in the bigg'un.

I've just taken delivery of a new MAS 46 cab (Mike Arnapol Soundworks 4x6) if anyone's interested in trying it out?

21 hours ago, TheRev said:

I'm not sure what to bring? I brought one of my double basses last year, but there wasn't much interest in the bigg'un.

I've just taken delivery of a new MAS 46 cab (Mike Arnapol Soundworks 4x6) if anyone's interested in trying it out?

I’d happily while away some time listening to an upright if you do bring one!

Respect.

On 2/28/2018 at 21:49, TheRev said:

And you're on the list - finally!  Now the London show is out of the way I'm back on 'bash' duties.

IF THERE'S ANYBODY ELSE PLANNING ON COMING PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP - IT WILL HELP US PLAN FOR THE EVENT

Edited by scrumpymike

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:52, Chienmortbb said:

I am just thinking about that now.

What does a cab shootout usually entail (apart from cabs xD)? I'm guessing a neutral-sounding amp for starters, in which case my Shuttle 6.0 will be freely available if required?

24 minutes ago, BassBod said:

I sense another shoot out...neutral amp contest....it never ends!  More seriously, I might bring some smaller SWR's like the Studio 220 or Basic 350 (noisy fan alert!) 

WHAT? SPEAK UP! SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY HARTKE 3500'S FAN.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BreadBin said:

Har I have an HA3500, sometimes the fan is the loudest thing in the room! 

WHAT? DID YOU SAY 'FANNIES ALLOW DUST RINGING A LOOM'? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

214e8n.jpg

Edited by Rich