Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2018!! 08/04/2018

scrumpymike

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

I have a bass to sell, made in Japan, but because of its distinctive shape I'm not allowed to discuss or advertise it here. Am I controvening any rules if I bring it?

You can discuss anything. even though there are restrictions on advertising certain wave shaped basses!

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

You can discuss anything. even though there are restrictions on advertising certain wave shaped basses!

When I saw the thread dedicated to knock offs (or is the plural knocks off?) had been locked I thought perhaps discussion  was similarly discouraged. I don't wish to invite the wrath of the mods which I know can be terrible.

27 minutes ago, stewblack said:

When I saw the thread dedicated to knock offs (or is the plural knocks off?) had been locked I thought perhaps discussion  was similarly discouraged. I don't wish to invite the wrath of the mods which I know can be terrible.

If you think the mods are bad, wait til you see the rockers!

2 hours ago, stewblack said:

The subject is fine, just some of the people less so!

I’m up for this. Looks as if I’m available that day. 

I shall bring a car load of gear including:

MJW Taranis 200 all-valve UK built amp

Various Gen 3 Barefaced cabs 

Laney Nexus Tube 400

Mesa 400+

and some of my basses.

In all my days of Basschat, Bassworld and what ever we had before, I have never yet been to a Bass Bash so have little idea of what to expect.  

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Laney Nexus Tube 400

Mesa 400+

and some of my basses.

In all my days of Basschat, Bassworld and what ever we had before, I have never yet been to a Bass Bash so have little idea of what to expect.  

Sean, look forward to hearing the Gen 3 BF cabs.

7 hours ago, Sean said:

Laney Nexus Tube 400

Mesa 400+

and some of my basses.

There will be a ritual burning of all Basses not deemed acceptable by the self- appointed BC massive a la Wickerman. Those who set off late will just need to follow the smoke to find the venue....

2 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

There will be a ritual burning of all Basses not deemed acceptable by the self- appointed BC massive a la Wickerman. Those who set off late will just need to follow the smoke to find the venue....

Darn!  I wanted that to be a surprise >:(

On 20/01/2018 at 08:56, stewblack said:

I have a bass to sell, made in Japan, but because of its distinctive shape I'm not allowed to discuss or advertise it here. Am I controvening any rules if I bring it?

Oooh interesting, yet another thing to look forward to! Is it a fake 'n baker?

11 hours ago, Sean said:

Laney Nexus Tube 400

Mesa 400+

and some of my basses.

Boom! Thats some big valve stuff, cool.

Hi Mike 

Put me on the list again. I'll bring along my rig and basses as per last year. Barefaced BTII etc.

Good idea re the jam along, quite happy for people to use my rig or bits of it. Remember to bring extra leads this year as we had a few connection issues last year. See you there 🎸🔊

1 hour ago, Charliebass212 said:

Hi Mike 

Darcy from Bath Place Music is interested in coming to the show. Are you in contact with him? He was talking about bringing some stock and accessories etc. Would be a good addition to the show.

Regards Charlie Bass 

and maybe he could bring along a raffle prize too...?

20 hours ago, Charliebass212 said:

Hi Mike 

Darcy from Bath Place Music is interested in coming to the show. Are you in contact with him? He was talking about bringing some stock and accessories etc. Would be a good addition to the show.

Regards Charlie Bass 

Yes indeed, I know Darcy well (with and without my Gillett hat on) and will definitely be inviting him along.

19 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

and maybe he could bring along a raffle prize too...?

As long as he doesn't raffle the demo Contour bass he has in the shop :facepalm: