Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2018!! 08/04/2018

scrumpymike

20 hours ago, paddy109 said:

Guys, I’m sold. Gear, food, foot tattoos, raffle and chance to meet someone else who plays bass - what’s not to like!

Just one thing, am I likely to return home and inform the wife “I really need to buy............” 

Don't forget - you can always use the bash to sell something instead (OK, as well!!)

OK boys and girls, we've all been thru the festive black hole and it's time to get this show properly on the road!  To kick things off, here's a list of those who have posted their interest so far (some of whom have already paid):

0175westwood29 - Full rig and a few basses;

Andyjr1515 - Kert's Camphor Single Cut, Pete's EB3 Tribute' Pete's Piccolo bass,  my 6-string electric version of the piccolo (which will be finished by then)

BreadBin - Fender MIJ Jazz Bass Special (which isn't really a Jazz!); Allen Eden Jazz (which is); a Hutchins Thunderbolt Tele; Hohner B bass IV; a Cort Curbow; a Freya P51 rep; my BC Rich Zombie (so anyone that wants to can experience the horror!); Hartke HA3500 amp; Behringer cabs; and some effects if it helps?

Chienmortbb

ChunkyMunky - Genz Benz ShuttleMax 9.2 + Greenboy/fEarful 1x12 and lots of pedals.

derreybass

Dino G (Stew's mate)

Evil Undead

fiatcoupe432

fordbass

GrahamT

Jabba the gut - S-scale and fretless semi hollow basses built since the last bash plus the medium scale WIP should be done. Maybe also 5 String spalted beech bass, TC RS112 cabs and/or PJB Cub.

JapanAxe

Jimrs2k2

Josh

LewisK1975

Mike Gillett

MoJoKe

Norm - Trace Elliot v4, Barefaced Vintage 2x15, some pedals, Squier VM P5, Squier VM J5, Musicman Stingray 4, Roland Microbass cube with Headphones.

olipaulo - Status Empathy 5, TC BH800 & Schroeder 1515L

paddy109

Pea Turgh - Squier JV P; Squier '90s P with a narrow neckAmpeg pf350; Barefaced One10 tweedy.

Phil Starr

Pinball - I can bring a bass or two from....Ibby BTB1805, ATK 805, BC SB335 or G&L SB2.

Rich - SWR Bass Monitor 12, if the 1x12 shootout happens. Genz-Benz Shuttle 6 and EBS Neo 212 (for anyone curious as to how their own bass might sound through a G-B or a neo 2x12). Will see what I can dig out for the raffle -- might have a spare set of nickel D'Adds hanging around. 

Scrumpymike - Maruszczyk Elwood 4a (s-s); Mensinger Caspar 4p (s-s); Rascal Mervyn-Lyte (s-s); Hohner The Jack; Mesa Subway 800; Eden WTX264; Ashdown RM 500 EVO; TC Electronic BH550 + footswitch

Sean - MJW Taranis 200 all-valve UK built amp; various Gen 3 Barefaced cabs; Laney Nexus Tube 400; Mesa 400+; and some of my basses.

stewblack - Home-made shoulder-saver system; MIJ bass styled after 'the one we dare not name' and a couple of Westones (all '80s).

TheRev - upright bass plus a couple of Arnapol cab's

Woodinblack - I will bring the Maruszczyk elwood (5), my sr1605, and maybe the iceman for a laugh! 

yorks5stringer - 72 Fender Telecaster Bass; 51 notafender Precision Bass; notafender 75 Jazz Bass (if not sold); Minimark 802; floral Fender Tele-style "understated one trick pony". Could also bring a Squier Jaguar 5 if anyone is interested too.

As last time, I'll edit the list on a regular basis to show additional names and what gear everyone is planning to bring, with items for sale in bold/underlined (see Scrumpymike example above).

So, over to you to start posting what you're bringing.  Don't worry if you're not sure - it's all a moveable feast up to the last minute so just give me your best guess now and update it later!

Three months and counting :D

Mike

PS For the newbies on the list, here's a flavour from last year:

http://DSCF2057.jpg

http://DSCF2056.jpg

http://DSCF2012.jpg

Edited by scrumpymike

Trace Elliot v4, Barefaced Vintage 2x15, some pedals, Squier VM P5, Squier VM J5, Musicman Stingray 4, Roland Microbass cube with Headphones.

And owt else that might arrive in the meantime, although am a bit brassic this time of year 😉

Don't think I got anything terribly exciting this year that I didn't have before. I sold the ibby 805 and will probably sell the SRC6.  So I assume I will bring the Maruszczyk elwood, my sr1605, and maybe the iceman for a laugh! 

Oh I will bring the little ashdown amp if I still have that.

Edited by Woodinblack

If there's anything of particular interest to you guys here in the list below, just let me know and I'll bring them with me. :)

- Modulus Quantum 5 SS
- Yamaha BB1025X 

- Yamaha TRB5
- Yamaha BB300 (with some lovely flats)

- Genz Benz ShuttleMax 9.2 + Greenboy/fEarful 1x12.

- Pedals?

Edited by ChunkyMunky

49 minutes ago, ChunkyMunky said:

If there's anything of particular interest to you guys here in the list below, just let me know and I'll bring them with me. :)

- Modulus Quantum 5 SS
- Yamaha BB1025X 

- Yamaha TRB5

- Pedals?

I’d like to hear the shuttlemax and as many pedals as possible.

I'm going to bring the short scale and fretless semi hollow basses I've built since the last bash. I'll at the medium scale and bodied bass I'm building as that will be done by them. Will probably bring my 5 String spalted beech bass and whatever else I have at home! Might bring my TC RS112 cabs but might just bring my PJB Cub. 

Looking forward to this bash!

I hope to partake in Mr's Scrumpys culinary delights but can't say for definate yet.

I can bring a bass or two from....Ibby BTB1805, ATK 805, BC SB335 or G&L SB2. I'm not looking to sell or buy so let me know if anyone has preferences.

21 hours ago, ChunkyMunky said:

- Modulus Quantum 5 SS
- Yamaha BB1025X 

- Yamaha TRB5

- Pedals?

Oo oo, the yammy 5ers please, been wanting to try them!

On 04/01/2018 at 20:19, paddy109 said:

Intrigued as this is not too far from me - what can a novice bass basher expect (no secrect handshakes I hope)?

Paddy I was a novice last year and was warmly welcomed. Don't tell Scrumpymike e but it's worth more that £10.

• Thanks 1