Why become a member? ×

Aussie Pink Floyd

ricksterphil

Saw these guys at De Montfort Hall in Leicester last night.

If you like Floyd I would advise catching these guys on their current tour if you can, the standard of musicianship was exceptional + the light show is fantastic.

[url="http://www.aussiefloyd.com/"]http://www.aussiefloyd.com/[/url]

Saw the show at Leeds Arena. For those unfamiliar - it's a tribute show rather than a tribute band. They don't dress like the real Floyd and employ , for example , a stand alone singer for some of the tracks. The sound and light was out of this world and there's a fair bit of Aussie humour - clips of Kylie and AC/DC for instance plus a 40ft tall inflatable kangaroo !! The musicianship is top of the tree with several of the line up having worked with Floyd. Huge picked simple Precision lines underpinning it all - great show.

Saw them when they were still relatively new on the scene over here doing the DSOTM album (around 2004 or so?). Last time I saw them coincidentally was at same venue as OP, they did the whole of The Wall that time. Very good standard. I think some of them split away to form the British PF show a few years back.

I saw them in Cardiff a few years ago. Absolutely stunning in every way. Lots of wry Aussie humour, as Dave said, all underpinned with slick flawless presentation and superb musicianship. 'The Great Gig In The Sky' left not a single dry eye in the house.

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1508858379' post='3394912']
The Great Gig In The Sky' left not a single dry eye in the house.
[/quote]
That was kinda funny, as all three backing singers had a go at it in turn.

It was a multiple orgasm, I guess😲👏

Edited by Mickeyboro

Saw them when they played Milton Keynes a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The singer leaving the stage during instrumental pieces bothered me a little.... still enjoyed the show great music, lights, lasers, inflatables Brit floyd were very good too, saw them a couple of years ago.

I’ve seen them half a dozen times since the early 00’s. They’ve been just about the best Floyd band around for years. Although I did enjoy them more in the smaller ‘in your face’ venues (Nottingham Rock City, Newark Palace Theatre etc).

Look out for Floyd In The Flesh though. Saw them recently and they’re great. Relatively new kids on the block as a Floyd outfit, but superb musicians who are also in various other bands (Junction, Surreal Panther etc).

Edited by Deedee