Why become a member? ×

Vox jack plug amp

Heliflyer61

Have some of us missed the point here? The Amplug plugs straight into the bass without a cable, and the headphones plug straight into the amplug. You don't need anywhere to put extra bits & Pieces and can walk from one room to another if required.The other solutions suggested all involve a free standing additional unit of some kind.

I use a Tascam GTR 1, which is great, but I have to find somewere to put the trainer and if I want to move to a different chair, change room, or just want to wander around it becomes a bit of a pain.

I have no idea how good the Amplug is aurally or technically, and obviously it does a lot less than some of the other ideas meantions, but conceptually it seems a great idea.

Edited by Count Bassy

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1508758784' post='3394160']
Have some of us missed the point here? The Amplug plugs straight into the bass without a cable, and the headphones plug straight into the amplug. You don't need anywhere to put extra bits & Pieces and can walk from one room to another
[/quote]

what about the Phone?

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1508758784' post='3394160']
Have some of us missed the point here? The Amplug plugs straight into the bass without a cable, and the headphones plug straight into the amplug. You don't need anywhere to put extra bits & Pieces and can walk from one room to another if required.The other solutions suggested all involve a free standing additional unit of some kind.

I use a Tascam GTR 1, which is great, but I have to find somewere to put the trainer and if I want to move to a different chair, change room, or just want to wander around it becomes a bit of a pain.

I have no idea how good the Amplug is aurally or technically, and obviously it does a lot less than some of the other ideas meantions, but conceptually it seems a great idea.
[/quote]

Is there a great need to wander around playing bass ? What's so bad about sitting in one spot while playing ? Its just practice, after all

I use Voxplugs for both bass and guitar, and, although they are not competition for an Ampeg stack, they're not so bad as to hurt one's ears, either. Plugs straight into the instrument, headset plugs in and that's all that's required. It's just for practising, or trying out an immediate idea; just grab the bass and play. If I want tone, I have a Hiwatt amp, but the trusty little Voxplug get far more use around the house than does the Hiwatt. Other folks may have other usage, but for simply practising, I wouldn't be without one.

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='musicbassman' timestamp='1508743984' post='3394038']
I use the Vox and it's very good - but I use some decent Sennheiser headphones with it. Maybe invest in some decent phones first?
[/quote]
Hi thanks I use akg studio headphones so no problem with them as I said it does a job the question was is there anything else out there that’s better

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1508767467' post='3394272']
Actually i find the iRigHD to be perfect if you need to wonder around. Headphones and iRig in to the Phone, bass in to the iRig, no other cables needed. You also get the advantage of loads of Amp sims as well.
[/quote]
Thanks for that does this work with AmpliTube and or garage band cheers

[quote name='Heliflyer61' timestamp='1508774033' post='3394316']
Thanks for that does this work with AmpliTube and or garage band cheers
[/quote]

Yes to all of those. I sometimes use it at work with my iPhone. I prefer AmpKit as i like the Ashdown and Trace Elliot sims, but sometimes ill use GB with a basic drum track playing.

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1508766792' post='3394266']

Is there a great need to wander around playing bass ? What's so bad about sitting in one spot while playing ? Its just practice, after all
[/quote]
In some circumstances yes when everyone in the house is watching crap television it’s nice to be able to go into another room headphones on make as much noise as my ears will allow and also not bother anyone else

If you move your gear from a crowded TV room to another room, you're not wandering around. You simply moved to another room.

I was under the impression that some want to wander about AS they're playing. Seems a tad daft and uneccessary

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1508776546' post='3394344']
If you move your gear from a crowded TV room to another room, you're not wandering around. You simply moved to another room.

I was under the impression that some want to wander about AS they're playing. Seems a tad daft and uneccessary
[/quote]...unless you are practicing some awesome moves/ shapes too? :)

Have you thought about the Amphones? You can detach the quarter inch jack and use them as regular headphones as well.
[url="https://www.gak.co.uk/en/vox-amphones-bass-active-bass-guitar-headphones/74158?gclid=Cj0KCQjwprbPBRCHARIsAF_7gDb8vWBqEP_s01ThrchqKSbQ4hphPxKwd9FbwxyR8MUQwOC8npODOkcaAjJMEALw_wcB"]https://www.gak.co.u...kcaAjJMEALw_wcB[/url]

Edited by Hobbayne

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1508778352' post='3394369']
...unless you are practicing some awesome moves/ shapes too? :)
[/quote]

I never considered that :)

I think my busting a few shapes on stage days are over. I leave that to the gurning guitards

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1508778612' post='3394371']
Have you thought about the Amphones? You can detach the quarter inch jack and use them as regular headphones as well.
[url="https://www.gak.co.uk/en/vox-amphones-bass-active-bass-guitar-headphones/74158?gclid=Cj0KCQjwprbPBRCHARIsAF_7gDb8vWBqEP_s01ThrchqKSbQ4hphPxKwd9FbwxyR8MUQwOC8npODOkcaAjJMEALw_wcB"]https://www.gak.co.u...kcaAjJMEALw_wcB[/url]
[/quote]

These are the ones I have, I think they are very good, and you can plug in your MP3 player/audio source of your choice for play along fun! Easy to use and sound very good.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1508778612' post='3394371']
[/quote]

Never used these but I'd be more tempted to put the dollar into a nice set of headphones to use in conjuction with amplug.