Why become a member? ×

Never seen a John Birch like that before.....

Big_Stu

[size=6]You mean this thing that looks a bit like a [b]Rickenbacker[/b]?? :D[/size]

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Birch-8-String-Bass-Custom-Vintage-UK-/142541593671?hash=item2130241c47:g:HT4AAOSwAj5Z27vB"]http://www.ebay.co.u...T4AAOSwAj5Z27vB[/url]

Edit: Actually a bargain if got for anywhere near the starting price.

Edited by discreet

Yes it is mine and it didn’t sell - I had interest but from overseas and some very low ball offers too so I’ll probably hang on to it as it’s something I doubt I’ll see again. I would’ve listed it on here first but thought I’d best not due to being similar to the unmentionable. A stateside JB collector wanted to bid but I don’t like sending things overseas when using eBay and also their global shipping option is a complete con!

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1508688770' post='3393812']
For the buyer - the customs charges are paid but there’s a handling fee by the broker, it tends to cost about twice as much as normal customs charges would be however they do go through quicker.
[/quote]

OK, thanks for the reply. Interesting.

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1508688770' post='3393812']
For the buyer - the customs charges are paid but there's a handling fee by the broker, it tends to cost about twice as much as normal customs charges would be however they do go through quicker.
[/quote]

They also have a maximum shipping size hidden away in the small print of their T&Cs. Many bass guitars in a hard case will exceed this. Beware.

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1508682918' post='3393730']
Yes it is mine and it didn't sell - I had interest but from overseas and some very low ball offers too so I'll probably hang on to it as it's something I doubt I'll see again. I would've listed it on here first but thought I'd best not due to being similar to the unmentionable. A stateside JB collector wanted to bid but I don't like sending things overseas when using eBay and also their global shipping option is a complete con!
[/quote]

If it was Greg he's a good guy - though he will try to "negotiate" hard, you just have to stick to your guns. He also has a UK agent who would deal person to person.
If it wasn't Greg - forget everything I just said :lol: .

Edited by Big_Stu

Yes it was someone called Greg and I’m afraid my answer to his offer was rather curt. I often wonder if people automatically assume you are desperate for cash when you try to sell on eBay? Anyway the offer was dismissed I think he has bought one from me before but through John Carling and that was for a lot more money! ;)