Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Midget with Trace Elliot 1x15

Waterboarder

Just wondered if anyone had mixed their BF cabs with other brands and what the results were?

Just bought a Midget and its great for probably 70% of gigs, but will probably need a bit more oomph for a few others. The plan is to eventually get a pair of Midgets, but until then, a mate is selling his TE115 so just wondered if anyone had any thoughts as to how they might pair up?

Will be playing punk/rock 'n' roll using a p bass and an Orange Bass terror...

I put one of the old 15" Barefaced Compacts together with a Bergantino AE210 and at front room volume they sounded very, very good together.

I imagine Hi Fidelity sound isn't what you're after in a Punk band. Is the Terror 500 watts? If so split between 2 cabs you're unlikely to reach the limit of either cab.

I'd ask your mate to lend you the cab for an afternoon so you can try it out. Give it a go a tell us what you find.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1508494798' post='3392544']
The Midget is designed to work best with the Compact or with another Midget. However, in the current market, even a used BF cab is likely to set you back a lot more money than a used TE cab.
[/quote]

This is the thing...hence my post!