Why become a member? ×

NBD - 50's Classic Precision

FinnDave

Living in the country, loike what I does, the big ole wide neck feels like the pace of life round these parrrts. Them there jazz basses n thundering birrds are just rushing along too farst for the loikes of I.

Edited by FinnDave

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1508611695' post='3393365']
Sorry, I forgot to add " ;) ", " :D " and " :rolleyes: ", and so forth to my previous comment... :biggrin:
[/quote]

I didn't notice, I was having a quick 40 winks between the E and A strings while guitarist finished his solo :)

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1508487939' post='3392476']
Was hoping it was going to be positive feedback...! :)

I'm taking a wee trip into Glasgow later to meet a mate for a few beers after work, so I'm planning on popping into Guitar Guitar first to see if they have any in stock to give them a wee try......it says awaiting stock on the website, but still, any excuse to visit.........initially I was looking at the black / maple but now I am being drawn to the sunburst more......and I've never (ever!) owned a sunburst bass in my 25+ years of playing...!!! :o

As one who has mainly played and owned Jazzes over the years, my only concern[b] is the thickness and width of the neck......[/b]
[/quote]

It is going to be... noticeable wider! :lol:
But it's relatively shallow too, which makes it very comfy for me (and my hands are not big)... I find I adapt pretty quickly to the wider spacing and then it never becomes a problem.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1508685083' post='3393758']

It is going to be... noticeable wider! :lol:
But it's relatively shallow too, which makes it very comfy for me (and my hands are not big)... I find I adapt pretty quickly to the wider spacing and then it never becomes a problem.
[/quote]

I went into Guitar Guitar in Glasgow on Friday, but as expected, none in stock - wanted to try one out.

I’m sure the difference will be noticeable, but I also suspect it’ll will be manageable - used to play 5-strings, so I’m no stranger to a wide neck.

The the only time I really struggled to adapt to a neck width was with a Lakland 55-02, I bought it knowing it was a struggle but convinced myself I’d adapt...which I didn’t...! 🙄😆

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1508685336' post='3393762']
I went into Guitar Guitar in Glasgow on Friday, but as expected, none in stock - wanted to try one out.

I'm sure the difference will be noticeable, but I also suspect it'll will be manageable - used to play 5-strings, so I'm no stranger to a wide neck.

The the only time I really struggled to adapt to a neck width was with a Lakland 55-02, I bought it knowing it was a struggle but convinced myself I'd adapt...which I didn't...!
[/quote]

Oh, I had a 55-02 and I loved that neck, by far the most comfy 5er I'ever tried.
If you're in Edinburgh in the near future, you're welcome to come and try my Classic 50s Precision.