Why become a member? ×

Darkglass version 2 for the B3K And B7K

fretmeister

Looks interesting.
I've always loved the B[i]x[/i]K sound when I've heard it, even though I can't make it work for me when I've tried any of their gear out. I've always put that down to the mid scoop, but being able to boost mids on the B3K and select the frequencies on the B7K may well change all that.

Assuming they're sensibly priced of course.
Just thought I'd lob that grenade in as we all know someone will mention it sooner or later :lol:

Edited by Osiris

I just bought again an used B3K. Too bad. But in fact I doubt this beast can really sound "more natural" as says the ad, as far as I did not experience the fact than tweaking an eq can change the very character of a pedal. I May be wrong, and maybe it's a Coué method argument, but I feel they did a good promotional job, hearing that the only complaints were "does not sound very natural", they put a switch that is supposed to solve this "problem". Nevertheless I find that the guys at Darkglass are very careful about their customer's FB, so maybe it's a great improvement...

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1508235766' post='3390662']
Great changes on the B3K, the tone knob is the best part of the M900 pre.
[/quote]

Agreed. If they can find a way of integrating the tone knob on the vintage deluxe/ultra I'd be back on the Darkglass bandwagon. It was the secret sauce of the M900 and my recently departed Vintage Ultra just didn't quite get there. In the meantime I've a Two Notes Le Bass incoming to try to fill that hole. I blame the "Ebay..." forum on here for that one...

Two Notes did not disappoint me, I love mine absolutely, it actually sealed the deal for the death of my DG pedal.
Hope you find you love it as much as I do-go in with an open mind and you’ll get it right, it’s its own beast and will sound it’s own way, hope it’s right for you, and those fusion modes are mint

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1508242882' post='3390751']
Two Notes did not disappoint me, I love mine absolutely, it actually sealed the deal for the death of my DG pedal.
Hope you find you love it as much as I do-go in with an open mind and you'll get it right, it's its own beast and will sound it's own way, hope it's right for you, and those fusion modes are mint
[/quote]

I noticed you're using it with the Hartke VXL Cuzzie. I have one of those too and it's an awesome pedal. Do you have the Hartke pedal clean to push the Two Notes more, or just to fatten things?

• 2 weeks later...