Why become a member? ×

SOLD Boldogh Custom 5-String SOLD
£1100

lowregisterhead

NOW SOLD

For sale is my Boldogh 'Jazzy 5' custom bass from the workshop of Hungarian luthier Csaba Boldogh. It's beautifully made, and has a big range of sounds via the twin Kent Armstrong pickups, coil taps and very comprehensive controls on the Zolkow preamp. It's never been gigged, and is in excellent condition. I had it PLEK'd at Charlie Chandlers, and it plays beautifully. The only things I can spot are some very slight finger swirl on the body below the strings, and a couple of tiny marks on the tuner ears.

Specs:

Body: ash with black walnut veneer
Top: spalted ash
Neck: figured maple / padouk with two carbon fibre reinforcing rods
Fingerboard: pacific rosewood
Nut: brass
Frets: Jescar 51100 stainless steel
Scale length: 34.5"
Weight: 4.7kg
Pickups: Kent Armstrong KS (closed Ken Smith style)
Pre-amp: Zolkow 3.3 (volume, blend, bass, middle, treble, active / passive switch) used in Fclef, Blasius and MLP basses, with eight frequency selector switches and gain trim inside the control cavity
Bridge: Gotoh 510BR (string spacing: 18mm)
Tuners: Gotoh GBS510

I bought it a year ago, and as it's such a lovely bass I'm loathe to part with it, but unfortunately most of my employers require something more 'mainstream', so it hasn't had a lot of use. Any trial is welcome - I'm close to junction 10 of the M25, postcode GU23. The bass comes complete with a hard case, maker's certification and preamp configuration instructions.

NOW SOLD

Edited by lowregisterhead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...