Why become a member? ×

Yamaha 01V digital Mixer, in fitted live in flight case
£160

Really nice Yamaha digital mixer. Bought from Whizzy, who always keeps his equipment immaculate, to use as a digital mixer trainer , so not gigged by me. Very comprehensive facilities, for not a lot of money
£160

Edited by Chimike

[quote name='Chimike' timestamp='1508601060' post='3393241']
Where does it say " attach files upside down " ?
[/quote]

:D One of the 'features' (read: foibles...) of our forum host, I'm afraid.
Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account such as Flickr, Imgur or Imgbb is a good idea; the photos are better presented and it uses no BC server space. I use Imgur (it's free...); here's what it looks like (the correct link for Basschat is in green...) ...

Others are similar (assuming use of a PC...)
Hope this helps, and good luck with the sale; that's a fine piece of kit. Meanwhile...

Have a nice day

Douglas

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Kevin,

we used it with a pair of Mackie subs, but that was through the full range outputs, as the high/low pass filtering is done by the Mackies.

however, there are low pass filters built in, and several different outputs, so looks like it's possible to configure a low pass ,sub out.

now, I'm no expert  on mixers,   but  Whizzy may have a more definitive answer for you .

full manual comes with the mixer !

mike.

• Thanks 1

Hi Kevin,

I'm posting this from memory and from quickly reading the manual so I stand to be corrected but as far as I know it should be possible to configure the desk to provide a sub output.

The desk has the standard A/B outputs for driving the left and right channels but in addition has 4 Omni outputs which can be configured to the Aux sends. It should be possible to configure one of the Omni outputs as a direct feed to your active sub. 

A copy of the manual can be found here and if you go to page 94 then 116 it explains the options for the Aux sends and Omni outputs. Most importantly it provides a four-band parametric EQ and dynamics processors on the Aux sends so that you can tailor the frequency response of the signal being sent to the active sub. 

The remaining 3 Omni outputs could then be configured to other Aux sends so that you have provision for stage monitoring etc.

If you have not used a digital desk before then its operation can be a little daunting. So if you decide to go for it then I would strongly recommend that you sit down at home with the desk and your PA system and spend a few quiet hours finding your way around it. The flexibility and options it provides are very extensive but you need to familiarise yourself with them before going out gigging with it. Certainly do not go straight out on a gig with it working from scratch. Once you've grasped the principle of operation you will not want to go back to an analogue desk. 

So in summary it doesn't have a dedicated sub out but I can see no reason why you can't drive it via the Omni outputs.

On a more general note I am absolutely amazed that this mixer is still up for sale as such a ridiculously low price. These regularly sell on eBay for much more money and certainly not in such nice condition as this desk. This has to be the bargain of the month.

If I can be of any further help please give me a shout.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just come across this and can't believe such an amazing bit of kit has not been snapped up for basically the price of it's own flight case!!!!

Amazing mixer for so little money, our band used one for two years and it was faultless during that time (thanks Cliff :) )

Have a bump on me for such a bargain ;)