Why become a member? ×

Did anyone see Tower of Power in Manchester on Thursday (12/10/17)

Lord Sausage

They were absolutely awesome, a demonstration on how it should be done. I've been waiting 43 years for them to come back to Manchester as normally on European tours they only do London at weekend and I have been gigging.
Marcus Bell is a great fit on vocals but agree "Rocco" could have been a bit higher in the mix. It was David Garibaldi's first gig back as well. Great to see him back in the drum chair.
Sound guys in general did a good job as when I went to see Soul2Soul and James Taylor Quartet the sound was so muddy at the bottom end you couldn't pick the bass out at all.
Met Rocco afterwards and what a lovely guy. Proof provided. :)
Enjoyed the support, Stone Foundation, as well. They appear to have a lot of support from Paul Weller which shows in the slightly Style Counsel feel of the band.

[attachment=255586:IMG_20171012_230136.jpg][attachment=255587:IMG_20171012_230119.jpg][attachment=255588:IMG_20171012_225907.jpg]

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1508057843' post='3389457']
Definitely. Ridiculously tight and so much energy. From where I was I could only really feel Rocco. Couldn't hear much not more definition. But man they grooved.
I'm in my thirties which ain't that old but I was surprised at the amount of proper young people were there.
[/quote]
I was surprised at the amount of "young uns" there as well.

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1508087042' post='3389658']
Bugger, i missed it.
double bugger, i could of met my hero
thrice bugger, ... i could of met my hero
quad bugger, ........i could of met my hero
Just ... bugger, :angry:
[/quote]Here's my experience of meeting FRP...

It was in the small hall in the O2 Arena a few years ago. i waited patiently in line to speak to him and get the obligatory selfie.When it was my turn I stepped forward, shook his hand, thanked him and explained how he was an inspirational influence to me. I cued up the phone camera ready to take the image and it rang at the same time from a family member who had gone out a different exit and got lost.. in answering it the moment was lost and and I never got my selfie.

Postscript: a few years later someone posted on Basschat about him and I got a signed set of strings ( he wrote KYDA- keep your dream alive) too and a signed photo sent all the way from the USA.

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1508091945' post='3389700']
If you wanna meet me you just have to ask!
[/quote]
dont worry sausage, your second on my list ;)

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1508092550' post='3389705']
Here's my experience of meeting FRP...

It was in the small hall in the O2 Arena a few years ago. i waited patiently in line to speak to him and get the obligatory selfie.When it was my turn I stepped forward, shook his hand, thanked him and explained how he was an inspirational influence to me. I cued up the phone camera ready to take the image and it rang at the same time from a family member who had gone out a different exit and got lost.. in answering it the moment was lost and and I never got my selfie.

Postscript: a few years later someone posted on Basschat about him and I got a signed set of strings ( he wrote KYDA- keep your dream alive) too and a signed photo sent all the way from the USA.
[/quote]

Great story, al keep the dream alive. :rolleyes: ..iv got a framed pic of him in my studio for inspiration.
so inspired in fact i wrote a track called "Everyone on the funk bus" which we do live as a dedication to him, as it
was inspired from his solo album called "everyone on the bus"
Worth checking out yall :i-m_so_happy: ( not mine, His)