Why become a member? ×

Right to left.

rogerstodge

We had a similar chat not long ago, here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/308706-anybody-using-an-electric-upright-and-has-flipped-the-strings/"]http://basschat.co.u...ed-the-strings/[/url]
If you're sure they don't make lefties and absolutely want that model, do it - it works, although the cheaper the instrument, the less satisfactory the results will be.

I've since discovered that Eminence do make lefties, albeit to order, and my GAS has hit an alarming level. Luckily they are a bit too expensive to justify a purchase, as someone who doesn't gig.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1507990036' post='3389199']
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/122744879176"]http://www.ebay.co.u...tm/122744879176[/url]

It's this one Bluejay, dya reckon it's do able?
[/quote]

Sorry, cross posted with my previous answer. The only problem I see there appears to be the lack of a way to attach the bracket to the other side of the instrument, am I right?

LOL! I'm checking the manufacturer's site, and they have photos that don't seem to show the opposite side to the one where the bracket is screwed in. It might be possible to drill a couple of holes under the handle (?) to reposition it. I'd check that, and if drilling is possible, I'd go for it.

I find the bracket necessary for correct posture and to avoid my plucking arm getting cramp. (Your elbow needs to be at an optimal angle in order to play for long periods of time without injury or pain.)

Yes, I would recommend you have a look at that instrument or a similar one. As you say, you may be able to swap the brackets, or indeed do without a bracket at all, depending on the way you like to hold the bass and the way it leans on your body. Just make sure to find the correct angle for your plucking elbow and for your fretting wrist.

Just got this very quick response from a chap doing a review on YouTube ,

Hello Paul. Thank you for watching and also for your kind words. The issue you will come across is the hip/body support only connects on the right side of the body of the EUB. If you are able to find a work-around for that issue then I would say this is an excellent bass to experiment with in regards to adjusting the nut and bridge to accommodate left-handed playing, as the cost isn't too high if you should make a mistake in your customizations that renders the instrument unplayable afterwards.

Brian Buckalew
cell: (850) 557-0838 • studio: (850) 352-1194

Another guy on the tube says he took his brackets off as they're not needed, I'm thinking that if I start using one without them I won't miss them, bit like stabilisers on a kids bike, I could also be 100% wrong tho, would be good if a local b. Chatter had one locally, that would be a great help.

I've got a Stagg eub switched right to left. I got a better man than myself to do it, but it cost very little and basically involved switching round the obvious bits then drilling a few new holes for the brackets. The bracket that pokes out into your midsection is the only one I'd say you need (is the only one I use anyway), stops it rotating away from you

Not really to do with the sound - the type of thing I play it doesn't make too much difference and the practicality of EUBs is a big plus, I just prefer the aesthetic and feel of the big chunk of wood, plus I move around a lot and I find them less stable because of being so light and stick-y. Not offering mine up for sale just now I'm afraid but happy to help with info as needed and if you don't win this EBay one but are still into the idea, you're welcome to try it if you pass Sheffield any time.