Why become a member? ×

Anybody else got this ad on their home screen?

TheGreek

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1507919354' post='3388845']
This was on my home screen - first time I've seen it. There are some interesting and well priced items.

https://www.guitarbuild.co.uk/search?type=product&q=bass
[/quote]
I bought the body for my Telecaster from them, really nice quality, especially for the money.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1507933037' post='3388950']
Blimey... presumably he doesn't go out after dark?
[/quote]

There is a guidebook called 'Home Truths - a Jaunt Around the Decaying Heart of England' that describes Braintree's inhabitants as "the ugliest collection of people in the UK outside Wales" and where "a good number of its female inhabitants resemble sea monsters".

And no, I don't go out after dark. It's like an episode of Seventies-era Doctor Who.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1507971476' post='3389035']
What is it with build your own guitar places? You want to build something different, well, what wood do you want your P or J bass?
[/quote]

They supply blank 'slabs' as well, so you can pick any shape you like. Here's one I made earlier:

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1507980544' post='3389116']
Slightly OT, but we have an ad blocker and I've noticed a recent increase in the number of sites that can detect when you're using one and won't allow access to their content unless you turn it off. My response: "Fine, I'll get the information I need somewhere else."
[/quote]

I've found that too, and think the same thing.

Their loss.

:)

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1507980544' post='3389116']
Slightly OT, but we have an ad blocker and I've noticed a recent increase in the number of sites that can detect when you're using one and won't allow access to their content unless you turn it off. My response: "Fine, I'll get the information I need somewhere else."
[/quote]
Totally agree, I have been struggling to find an ad blocker that works on Firefox as Adblock seems to do nothing, I have just switched on the Mozilla Adguard which seems to work a lot better

[quote name='Heathy' timestamp='1507970348' post='3389025']

There is a guidebook called 'Home Truths - a Jaunt Around the Decaying Heart of England' that describes Braintree's inhabitants as "the ugliest collection of people in the UK outside Wales" and where "a good number of its female inhabitants resemble sea monsters".

And no, I don't go out after dark. It's like an episode of Seventies-era Doctor Who.
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. Will order a copy. Sounds not dissimilar to "Crap Towns"

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1507971476' post='3389035']
What is it with build your own guitar places? You want to build something different, well, what wood do you want your P or J bass?
[/quote]
Checked the custom neck options (always looking for a 32"). Any scale you like available as long as it is 34". Also the P and J necks seem to have the same nut size? Mind you, the one piece Ash looks good.
In the FAQs, it says if you buy a neck and a body, you have to request that they fit (???)