Why become a member? ×

Ashdown fan club

scrumpymike

24 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

they are great amps!

im looking at grabbing maybe 3 210's next year to trim my rig down

I only really stopped using it as I wanted to go more lightweight. As I said, Saturday was the first time I’ve ever gigged it through my Barefaced Big Twin 2, and it just seemed to work. I always prefer quite a bright, modern type sound, but I’m guessing the combination of Dingwall NG2 and the BT2 provides as much of that as I need, and the ABM gives it some girth and warmth. Reviews I’ve read and watched of the 600 Evo 4 all seem to be very complimentary. 

1 minute ago, ern500evo said:

I only really stopped using it as I wanted to go more lightweight. As I said, Saturday was the first time I’ve ever gigged it through my Barefaced Big Twin 2, and it just seemed to work. I always prefer quite a bright, modern type sound, but I’m guessing the combination of Dingwall NG2 and the BT2 provides as much of that as I need, and the ABM gives it some girth and warmth. Reviews I’ve read and watched of the 600 Evo 4 all seem to be very complimentary. 

its a lame share but this is my abm 600 mark 4 into my 810 mag T, actually have the drive in the amp on all the time on its lowest setting as it adds extra harmonics

30 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

its a lame share but this is my abm 600 mark 4 into my 810 mag T, actually have the drive in the amp on all the time on its lowest setting as it adds extra harmonics

Cool, I’ll have a listen when I get chance, thanks! 

Here we go, the Master CTM-100, daddy of all other CTM-100s.

And very nice it is to (although I would imagine probably as nice as all the others, even if it has different knobs).

Currently using it through my pair of TC 112s, but the downside of that is that it only fits lengthwise on them. Currently not that much of an issue as it tends to be beside me rather than behind me everywhere I play, so I can access it well. Probably would be nice with a barefaced twin or something.

The knobs are nice. Can't say that most of them do anything you would expect, but nice to have options!

IMG_4984.thumb.jpg.48551c4cdb891625f0b082c87ada7d24.jpg

• Like 1

On 06/11/2018 at 21:24, Woodinblack said:

Here we go, the Master CTM-100, daddy of all other CTM-100s.

And very nice it is to (although I would imagine probably as nice as all the others, even if it has different knobs).

The master? Do you have the prototype, then?

(Hard to say for sure, as I don't have it with me in the office, but I'm pretty sure the layout and choice of chicken-heads is the same as on mine - from memory, the front panel looks the same)

4 hours ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

The master? Do you have the prototype, then?

Yes. from my email discussion with them. Something that seemed to surprise them as much as me. However, I have worked in a little electronics company in the UK so I know how that stuff happens when you pay salesmen commission :D

It looks the same except the knobs are white on the production ones. And they have a serial number which has more than one digit. 

I assume it sounds the same, I haven't heard it alongside anything else. 

On 06/11/2018 at 13:12, Daveyboyrooster said:

Yes I did 😁 too late to go back now I’ve just traded the ABM for the RM500 with matching cabs! Sounded great in the shop! Let’s hope I can replicate it at this Sunday’s gig😊

Used my new RM500 with 210 and 115 RM cabs last night for the first time and I'm well chuffed!

Finally I have the sound and portability I have been craving for with little or no compromise in tone.

One happy Ashdown user! 🙂 😮 🙂  

• Like 1