Why become a member? ×

WARWICK STREAMER 1983 SPECTOR PADDLE HEADSTOCK
£1480

Riseinside

Warwick Streamer 1983 4-string Streamer with licensed Spector Headstock. All original dosnt have a serial number but year was verified by Warwick as they produced a few of these in 1983 with serial numbers.
I bought this from Richtone music in Sheffield 2 years ago for £1700 and honestly haven’t played it so best move it onto someone who will appreciate more than I have as it’s a beautiful looking thing for 34 years old!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1507474824' post='3385703']
Yeah plenty of pics will help, as will a photo of the top of the headstock as its odd (but not impossible) that there is no serial (even the very first Streamers had one).
[/quote]

Definitely not impossible. I have what I think is an early 90s Streamer with no serial whatsoever. Even after removing the polyurethane finish we still couldn't find anything.

Edited by dyerseve

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1507484057' post='3385782']

Definitely not impossible. I have what I think is an early 90s Streamer with no serial whatsoever. Even after removing the polyurethane finish we still couldn't find anything.
[/quote]

It's very uncommon with natural oil finishes, very common on the vintage poly finished basses 🙂

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1507485947' post='3385808']

It's very uncommon with natural oil finishes, very common on the vintage poly finished basses 🙂
[/quote]
Oh ok. Thanks for the info. Do you know roughly when these were made? Mine is a 4 string PJ with EMGs

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1507489249' post='3385843']
Oh ok. Thanks for the info. Do you know roughly when these were made? Mine is a 4 string PJ with EMGs
[/quote]

Streamers were/are made from 83(ish) - 2017. If yours has factory EMG's chances are it is 80's possibly early 90's but EMGs are an option still today. Poly finishes generally obliterate (fill) the serial number but it isn't hard to approximate dates from the NT stringers/volutes/dot inlays/bridge/tuners etc.

Edited by warwickhunt

Will be interesting to see pics. I think I'm correct in assuming a paddle (aka Spector) headstock indicates the very first streamers? Also, as I've been looking with interest at these basses, lack of a serial seems to be pretty common on these early paddle heads despite the natural/oil finish.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1507531649' post='3386012']
Streamers were/are made from 83(ish) - 2017. If yours has factory EMG's chances are it is 80's possibly early 90's but EMGs are an option still today. Poly finishes generally obliterate (fill) the serial number but it isn't hard to approximate dates from the NT stringers/volutes/dot inlays/bridge/tuners etc.
[/quote]

Thank you. I am unsure of the stringers due to the poly finish, no volute, MOP dot inlays, solid brass bridge, Schaller tuners.

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1507552237' post='3386248']
Thank you. I am unsure of the stringers due to the poly finish, no volute, MOP dot inlays, solid brass bridge, Schaller tuners.
[/quote]

Rather than clutter the OP sale thread, I'll message you... unless you start a thread of your own or add something to the Warwick thread on here. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1985 was a wild year in the history of both Warwick and Spector; Warwick were forced to apply the "licensed by" truss rod covers on their paddlehead streamers, then Spector were gobbled up by Kramer who did not care whatever Warwick were up to. Warwick changed the headstock design later that year and got rid of the "licensed by" crap.

This tells us that quite briefly, somewhere in 1985 is the only moment Warwick used these truss rod covers to not only cover truss rods but also their arses. LOL.
My (somewhat educated) guess is that in 1985 Warwick applied these truss rod covers to all the Streamers they, or their resellers had in stock including the very few produced in 1983.

I would love to see some pictures of this bass. It is very likely to be AWESOME.

Edited by DiMarco