Why become a member? ×

American vs British - Tubes vs Valves

DiMarco

I would probably pick the Trace Elliot.

Don't sell either of them. What if one of them breaks?

I mean, I own a Trace Elliot V6 and a Mesa Walkabout and M6 Carbine, so I have a similar conundrum, but only the one all tube/valve amp. I only need one but I will be keeping all three.

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1507407415' post='3385344']
I would probably pick the Trace Elliot.

Don't sell either of them. What if one of them breaks?

I mean, I own a Trace Elliot V6 and a Mesa Walkabout and M6 Carbine, so I have a similar conundrum, but only the one all tube/valve amp. I only need one but I will be keeping all three.
[/quote]

+1. I have the TE GP12XV preamp (Hexa front end) and a David Eden WT head - with a tube front end. Don't sell either if you don't want to or need to. You know what will happen if you let one of them go .... B)

I am in a similar boat: Marshall VBA 400 or Ampeg SVT CL
Beast of British or American Muscle?

Both are heavy and full of them glass thingies and both are stupidly loud and trouser-flappingly brilliant.

Both look boss atop their respective cabs (2 X 412's or 1 X 810 respectively) and both command equal amounts of respect and fear from weedy guitar heroes and their tiny boutiquey little 5w head,ethically-sourced speakers and vegan-friendly cabs.

To be fair, I probably will just continue to alternate between them but it's fun trying to decide what rig to break my back with.

• 2 weeks later...