Why become a member? ×

Looking for a new iPad clamp/bracket/stand. Options?

Dood

I’ve found myself with an iPad Pro 10.5 and my current bracket for the Mini 4 is too small.

I’ve looked around but am finding the clamps that should do the job fall short at the last hurdle.

Either: Too expensive, not gig worthy (identified as having week parts) or can not take an iPad in a cover.

What are you all using? (If you dare to go against the ‘done thing’ and have one on stage of course lol!

Oh and it’d be great if it could be spun from horizontal to vertical easily as I may need to flip from gig notes to the remote app for my IEM mix.

Edited by dood

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1507403794' post='3385309']
Hercules make a couple of good ones. I'm not sure if they'll take a 10.5" iPad but might be worth checking out. I have a Hercules mic stand phone holder and it works great. Sturdily built too.
[/quote]

Thank you! I've spotted the Hercules one, but there appears to be lots of problems with the model specific to the 10.5, so I have excluded it from my search. Though I did have one for my first iPad, a 2 model. The clamp was pretty sturdy, so I wonder if it was a design flaw in the model I've been looking at.

Just an update for those who might be looking for similar, I took a chance on the 'next size up' model from the one I had made by VonHaus. Thankfully it paid off and I am sorted with a clamp that doesn't appear to have the weak spots of other models I have looked at. Not bad for 15 quid either!