Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Marvit Apofi Custom 4 - WITHDRAWN
£1075

Scooby

An absolutely beautiful bass, both in construction and sound. The attention to detail from this Italian boutique luthier is superb. From the choice of woods to electronics, this bass - which costs £2400 new for the basic model - is right up there with some of the best. It has a neck-through construction, which gives it a lovely resonance.

I took the bass in a trade and would love to say it was a keeper. Unfortunately, the neck, at 42mm top nut, is the standard P bass profile, which I find too large for me, particularly after a long gig. Other than that the bass is really lovely. It's light, balances really well and feels so easy to play (providing you like a P bass neck profile :D ). Immaculate apart from one very small glaze craze on the underside of the bottom bout, difficult to see and picture easily.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bass specs: [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PJ aguilar pickups [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Aguilar obp3 passive tone[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Schaller tuners and bridge [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ebony fretboard with awesome inlays [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 piece maple/ebony neck-through[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Alder body with maple top [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weight 3.8 kg [/font][/color]

Edited by Scooby